Zenmuse GH3 High Frequency Vibration

nemorov

I've heard various reports of noisy motors on the new Zenmuse GH3 gimbals but are people also experiencing high frequency vibrations along with that noise?
I have a new GH3 gimbal which I've balanced a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera on. The camera balances perfectly but the gimbal motors are very noisy (my older GH2 gimbal was silent).
Along with the noise I'm getting serious high frequency vibration which is destroying the image quality.
I've attached a couple of still frame grabs from the video (a crop of the full frame). The first frame grab is very soft and is from video shot with the copter on a bench with no rotors running, just the gimbal powered up. The second frame is from the same video clip after the power was removed from the gimbal.
Anyone else seeing this problem?

gavin

View attachment 15553View attachment 15554

Attachments

• Zenmuse GH3'001.jpg
    Zenmuse GH3'001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 591
  • Zenmuse GH3'002.jpg
    Zenmuse GH3'002.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 593

Lanzar

Noise from motors has nothing to do with vibration. Totaly normal. Wibration comes from poor balance almost always so dubble chéck yours.

nemorov

Gimbal is perfectly balanced. Can position the camera in any orientation and it doesn't move. On power up the gimbal goes through its usual initialisation dance during which the motors are quite quiet and then locks into the forward position and starts making a lot of noise and vibration. This is the iSeismometer trace from my phone placed on the copter centre plate... View attachment 15555

Attachments

• vibration.jpg
    vibration.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 363

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
There was a few posts on the forum when the Zenmuse GH3 first came out about noisy motors and vibration. I believe you have to send the Zenmuse back to your supplier for replacement.

I would recommend contacting your dealer.