Ready To Buy FPV Goggle Package, Please help

Hello. I have been looking at buying my first FPV system to use with the 3Drobotics Iris. I have been told that my best option would be the Attitude V2 SD . I am not sure I will need the tracking camera that comes with it, and not sure if it is sold only that way? Also I was told that the Blue Beam Antennas’ would be a great upgrade. Before I go and spend this amount of money I thought I would ask everyone just so I don’t do the wrong thing. Also I saw the package with camera from readymaderc.com and getfpv.com for around $409 and alantahobby.com for $450 I don’t know who to buy it from but saving $40 seems good.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ReadymadeRC has been in the business for a while now. i'm not familiar with getfpv, Atlanta is a big hobby shop but I don't know what their level of experience is with FPV stuff other than boxing and shipping it.

What is included with the package that ReadymadeRC is selling?

Kit includes:
- AtttitudeV2 headset (with integrated 5G8 RX and Trinity HT)
- 250mW 7ch 5G8 TX
- 600TVL FPV Tuned CMOS camera
- Filtered balance lead adapter
- 2p 3dBi 5G8 antenna
- 3m AV cable
- Futaba data cable
- 3.5mm data cable
- ezUHF data cable
- zipper carry case
- lens cleaner cloth

I keep second guessing myself, I went back to look at the Predator which comes complete also at a much lower price. I watched some video of people using it and they seemed to be enjoying things. Wish I was near a place where I could try them all on, but I will have to depend on others for my choice this time I think?

Tomstoy2

There are plenty of options, for sure.
I own a couple pair. My first set I purchased from Foxtech, AIO goggles. I have really enjoyed these. They have an excellent screen, but no adjustable optics for us who need glasses. These run on a different channel than Fatshark so make sure everything else matches.

If Fatshark is what you want, in April they are expecting to release the new DominaorHD goggles.
I was looking at these for myself but went with something different.

For Xmas purchased myself a set o Zeiss cinemizer oled goggles. For fpv these have been absolutely phenominal!!!

250mw is ok but go larger, 500mw will give you a much better range.

A pair of cloverleaf antenna's are a must have.

The camera, definitely go with RCMC, but go with their newest 700vtl camera. I picked up one and it is the best camera I have, and have several.

Bartman

The camera, definitely go with RMRC, but go with their newest 700vtl camera. I picked up one and it is the best camera I have, and have several.

doh!! i just finally bought two from SC2000!!! oh well, maybe they're similar. :dejection:

I took a look but they are outside my budget. I bought way too many things lately so I need to keep my budget around $400 that is why I was thinking of the Predator. But lets say I went with the Dominator, it looks as if this may be a very clear view? but I am a bit confused on what I should buy to complete the package. I will have a gopro hero 3+ but would like to have a separate camera to be safe, do you have any idea what else I would need to order?

Bartman

have you checked out the classifieds? you probably shouldn't buy a used video transmitter but a lot of the other stuff is probably safe to buy used.

Tomstoy2

Bart, the camera I took off was from sc. It doesn't even come close in comparison. Send them back, invest the extra bucks.

Jake, I'm sure their kit includes everything you need. If you fly on 2.4ghz the 250mw with cloverleaf's will pretty much match your range if placed correctly.

Here is how I have my fpv set up.

sepearate 3s 850ma battery
voltage regulator set to deliver a constant 12v as voltage dips
lc filter

Success is in the details! Read some of Kloner's old posts, an excellent way to learn the ropes.