DJI A2 violet blinks

triise

Hi,

Just upgraded my A2 to the latest firmware, and now I have a LED combination I don't know what means. I have searched forums and google, but nobody seems to have seen this.

It happens as soon as i arm the motors and stays on during flight and after I turn the engines off.

The combination is: 1 violet, 5 rapid violet.

Anybody knows what this means? See attached video for a slow motion capture (120 fps slowed down to 30 fps)

Last edited by a moderator:

triise

No, it's not enabled. I've been thinking about just that myself, but in any case 5 violet blinks is not described in the manual / wiki or else.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
This is the indication that you are 10m or less from your home point. Does this blinking remain in the air once you fly lets say 20m away from the home point?

triise

This is the indication that you are 10m or less from your home point. Does this blinking remain in the air once you fly lets say 20m away from the home point?

I am aware of that SIX continuous blinks is the indication of 10m or less from home point, but it blinks FIVE. And if i turn to ATTI mode, i get ONE yellow, then FIVE violet.

triise

Confirmed on my A2/S800 EVO. Seeing the same lights flashing that isn't documented yet.

Are you flying with this LED combination Gerthart? I don't dare before I know what it is.
I'll try do move slowly from the HP today. Got pretty calm winds and nice temp here this morning.

Gerthart

Are you flying with this LED combination Gerthart? I don't dare before I know what it is.
I'll try do move slowly from the HP today. Got pretty calm winds and nice temp here this morning.

Not flying at all. The 800 evo hasn't seen its maiden flight yet. Waiting to get some validation on the 2.1 update before I get the courage to get it going.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
According to page 25 of the manual six flashes means 'within 8m of home point' like everyone keeps saying. Although the manual says you should get this after taking off and home point is recorded. You don't need to keep focusing on the 5 flashes because there is six flashes including the single flash.

Warning lights are very obvious so my guess is, this is normal!

Cool?

triise

According to page 25 of the manual six flashes means 'within 8m of home point' like everyone keeps saying. Although the manual says you should get this after taking off and home point is recorded. You don't need to keep focusing on the 5 flashes because there is six flashes including the single flash.

Warning lights are very obvious so my guess is, this is normal!

Cool?

Well, then the manual need som updating. In my head "6 continuous lights" is not the same as one single, then 5 rapid. But it seems like you are correct.
I manned up and was out flying today. The 5 blinks disappeared when I flew more than 10 meters away from my home-point :)

Hope this is better explained in the manual in the next revision. Also, the same blinks are present in ATTI-mode, which I believed it shouldn't(?)...

It was also no wind, so the s800 behaved much better than yesterday. I'll post a video later.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That's great news mate! When those manuals are translated into English there's always discrepancies. Welcome to DJI!

Have a great time!

Isn't it bloody freezing in Norway right now?