This 2nd switch does huh?!

sledge57

I have a T8FG Super...

It warmed up to 20*F yesterday, first time in a long time I was happy to see 20* temps

stuck.gif

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Cool, I was reading it the other way for some reason, old, tired, middle of the night..... :)

adanac

Many thanks for the video which, unfortunately, already assumes that one has a lot of knowledge, which I don't. Hopefully, I'll get to the point where I understand it. :)

As Bart said, it is there for a reason... There is no guide per-say for setting up your TX and RX, I myself when I did mine was a challenge but with some help from YouTube it can be easier. try this... Ali has a lot more with details including setups for the Naza and so on..

That is also a pretty bad way of setting up failsafe, you really need to have failsafe working independently of what mode the copter is in. If you are in ATTI mode and you freak out, are you going to remember how to get it into failsafe? will you remember to flick to GPS then flick your failsafe switch? With some mixes on the radio, you can achieve a one switch failsafe.

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

From what I can gather, it is not possible to use S-Bus and have an independent failsafe switch. So far, I have also been UNable to find any way to do failsafe at all with S-Bus. I think all these videos leave out critical steps in the process that they assume you've already done or know about.

As Bart said, it is there for a reason... There is no guide per-say for setting up your TX and RX, I myself when I did mine was a challenge but with some help from YouTube it can be easier. try this... Ali has a lot more with details including setups for the Naza and so on..

That is also a pretty bad way of setting up failsafe, you really need to have failsafe working independently of what mode the copter is in. If you are in ATTI mode and you freak out, are you going to remember how to get it into failsafe? will you remember to flick to GPS then flick your failsafe switch? With some mixes on the radio, you can achieve a one switch failsafe.

Adanac,

I am a total noob and started building my f450 about 3 months ago. I have a 8fg tx with a 6208 rx. on s-bus. I have sw-b 3way set for gps,atti,man and sw-f 2way set for failsafe from any mode. My aahaa moment was when I was adjusting the limits while connected to assistant to make the green light when switching. It took some trial and hair pulling (I don't have much hair to pull being a former Marine Gunny) it was quite a learning curve. All of the details were gleaned by watching the utube vids (all I could find)

There is a lot of knowledge here that is shared willingly. Break it down and take it one step at a time. It can be done!!!
Lets solve this. I will go get my tx and try to list the settings that I have. They might not be the same for you.

Take a deep breath.

adanac

Many thanks. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has made a video for my set-up (T8J/R2008SB/Naza V1) that is complete. I may have to buy a different flight controller or radio in order to match another Youtube video.

Adanac,

I am a total noob and started building my f450 about 3 months ago. I have a 8fg tx with a 6208 rx. on s-bus. I have sw-b 3way set for gps,atti,man and sw-f 2way set for failsafe from any mode. My aahaa moment was when I was adjusting the limits while connected to assistant to make the green light when switching. It took some trial and hair pulling (I don't have much hair to pull being a former Marine Gunny) it was quite a learning curve. All of the details were gleaned by watching the utube vids (all I could find)

There is a lot of knowledge here that is shared willingly. Break it down and take it one step at a time. It can be done!!!
Lets solve this. I will go get my tx and try to list the settings that I have. They might not be the same for you.

Take a deep breath.

I believe we can solve this. no need for bigger hammers.

Please go to prog. mix and tell me what the curve shape and numbers are for gear->gear

Dave

Mine is
page 1/2
#1 off gear->gear point
5 -65
4 +0
3 -50
2 +0
1 +48

page 2/2

#1 act off SF (will show on when switch SF is forward position and off when switch SF is away position)
link trim
master gear + off
slave gear

Next, hook up the FC to the computer and launch naza assistant, go to basic and RC tab. The control mode switch is what we will be working with.
One three way switch should control (turn green) gps, atti, manual. Important-- only choose manual for third selection or you won't be able to recover from failsafe.
Now check all of your 2 way switches to see if it goes to failsafe from each of the modes.

Please let me know..................

adanac

Using a Youtube video I was able to set up a two-position switch that forces Failsafe from any of the flight modes. My only question now is whether you must be in one or the other of those modes in order to successfully come OUT of failsafe. One youtube video says you must be in Atti or Manual (not GPS), but that person doesn't use a forced failsafe scheme.

In my own testing, I had to return the failsafe switch to normal and then flip the gps 3way to manual and back to either atti or gps to regain full control. This was also the case to regain full control from waypoint autopilot missions. once you turn over control to the computer to fly a mission, if something goes wrong or landing is off too much, you must regain control for tx flying the same way as with recover from failsafe. Also please test tx off response while connected to assistant, it should go into failsafe mode when you turn off tx or lose radio connection.

adanac

Dietrich, thanks for all your help. I think I figured it out. The problem is that the videos aren't clear that there are fixed channel assignments and that those assignments vary depending on whether you connect RX-MC via S-Bus or traditional. They all say to configure "GER" instead of saying to configure whatever channel is appropriate. They all assume a certain amount of prior experience, which I guess you can't blame them for.

I believe we can solve this. no need for bigger hammers.

Please go to prog. mix and tell me what the curve shape and numbers are for gear->gear

Dave