Problem posting on multirotorforums.com (java??)

coreyperez

I didn’t see a “just chat” type forum so I hope this is ok for here.

I’m curious, does anybody else have issues trying to post/type on multi-.com? About 1/3 of my letter’s don’t come out, and as it is I’m typing this out on word to copy/paste into the forums. It almost seems like it works fine until the first "autosaving" popup shows in the right corner. I’ve made a few posts and EVERY ONE acts up when trying to type. I’ve had this issue on both PCs I’m running, so I’m sure it’s not my hardware. Plus, my computer is working perfectly fine on word.

Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I didn’t see a “just chat” type forum so I hope this is ok for here.

I’m curious, does anybody else have issues trying to post/type on multi-.com? About 1/3 of my letter’s don’t come out, and as it is I’m typing this out on word to copy/paste into the forums. It almost seems like it works fine until the first "autosaving" popup shows in the right corner. I’ve made a few posts and EVERY ONE acts up when trying to type. I’ve had this issue on both PCs I’m running, so I’m sure it’s not my hardware. Plus, my computer is working perfectly fine on word.

Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

corey,

this is the first I'm hearing of this type of problem. can you please list what you're using to access the forums? os? desktop or mobile? browser? pc or mac? do you have issues with other forums type sites?

thanks,
bart

coreyperez

Bart,
Sure can. I’m (in both cases) using a PC (Windows 7). One is a laptop, other is a desktop. Both instances of browsers is IE11.
Both of my computers are up to date. I’ve had no other issues with any other sites (although THIS is thee Multi-rotor forum, why would I post anywhere else??) J
I had this problem with my laptop and just got this new PC a couple days ago and having the same issue here. I’ll post a test post with a MacMini and see if the problem occurs there as well.
As a side note, I was looking at another’s post (I don’t remember which one it was, sorry) and I thought they were just writing gibberish, but later occurred to me they probably having the same problem just didn’t realize it..
Thanks for the prompt attention to my issue!

Corey

(typed on word, and for some reason I cannot just “CTRL-V” to paste in the forum, I have to left click-paste). I don't know if its relative. Just thought I'd post that issue as well. Oh, while I'm at it, I'm currenly typing this on he...... Ugh. It started right at this point...

coreyperez

Here goes my mac-mini post attempt. So far so good. I'd like to take this moment to celebrate my 10th posting and also the irony that I REALLY dislike crApple computers, but yet... its working. Will see I suppose.

While I'm here, I'd like to thank all those users that are always posting such good (just autosaved, seems to get a little laggy).. Is "laggy REALLY a word?? Oh, I regress.... Thanks to all the contributors. I've found such a great wealth of information on this forum and hope to someday be a real contributor. (autosaved again). Seems like It may be just a "me/PC issue??"

I also had gone out and purchased another keyboard with my new desktop (came with a keyboard and I found the number keys hard to use). So I've also deduced that probably isn't the issue (considering the two different keyboards on that machine, and the laptop with its own keyboard).

Well at this point, other than the brief delays while I believe the computer is catching up (this is a REALLY old macmini, I got it just to act as a iTunes server on a different network in my Barracks for my Apple TV to stream from).

Well I'll close here. No issues like I was having on my PCs. Both of those are Windows 7, IE11 (current Java on the Laptop), I haven't specifically downloaded it unless it was an auto-update on the new PC (It did almost 80 updates initially and a few more groups after startup.

This is Snow leopard and using Safari (not exactly sure how to check the version...)
AH! Found it. Version 5.1.10

Corey

Bartman

thanks corey. i know for a fact that copying from Word into the forums software doesn't work very well and will cause formatting errors. As for IE11, I'll have to do some research to see if it's a known issue with this version of the forums software.

thanks for the info and happy tenth post! :)
bart

Bartman

corey, i saw a reference to a computer virus making gibberish come up on the screen. also, are you using a function that autocompletes words for you? maybe that is glitching?

coreyperez

Bartman,

As far as "gibberish", it wasn't exactly that, it was missing letters like mine is doing. I just ran a virus update/scan on both computers. Both are clean.

Corey.
(attempting to retype the sentence above with out correction (below)).

As far as "gibberish", it wasn't exactly tat. It was missing letters like mine is doing I just ran a virus update/scan n both computers. Both are clean.
As far as "gibberish", itwasn't exactly that. It was missing lettes like mine is doing. I just ran a virusupdate/scan on both computers. Both are clean.
As far as "gibberish", it wasan't exactly that. It was missing letters like mine is doing. I just ran virus update/scan on both comptuers. Both re clean.

As a as "gibberish" It wasn't exactly that, itwias issing lettes lik mine is doing. I just ran avirusscn update/scn o boh comuters. both are clan.
As far as "gibberish", it wasn't exactly that, it was missing letters like mine is doing. I just ran a virus update/scan on both computers. Both are clean.
As ar as "gibbersh", it wasn't xactly that, it was missing letters lke mine is doing. I just ran a virus update/scan on both coputers. Both are clean.

i was having the same problem, i had to type reallllyyy slow and hit keys multiple times for them to show the letter when posting/replying. i just switched from internet explorer to chrome and it seems to have gone away... it was super anoying

i have not had this issue on my work pc, both using win7 and IE, no issue on my android tablet either

Last edited by a moderator:

schwett

I had this exact same issue yesterday. Windows 7, latest IE. before yesterday, enter wouldn't work. The only way to start a new paragraph was to copy and paste text with a carriage return in it from notepad.

works fine on safari iPad, iPhone.

coreyperez

Another quick note I noticed. When trying to scroll when editing it would just "vibrate" (Scroll up the one or two clicks and go back to its previous location, it looked like the screen was vibrating) but wouldn't go unless I used the slider bar on the side and manually "slid" it up.

(only when replying)

Corey

Bartman

this sounds more like an IE/Win7 issue as you guys are posting your experiences.

I'm running Firefox on an iMac, Firefox on a Win8 laptop, and Firefox on a WinXP laptop......they all work fine. Sometimes the Win8 laptop bogs down but then everything gets funky, not just this website.

Thanks for the feedback on this.

Bart

coreyperez

(uncorrected)

I'd just like to tate that this java or whateer issue t is is VERY annyg. I'm wondering ho many other peope out there using one of the most common setups (as in Windows and IE are tuned of becaue of the issues relating to the software/java or whatever.

I've started using a few different forums for specific thread / iformation and his is the only one that has been a problem. Nt sure exactly I thepropmebetween this software and my computer.

Ther are tmes when I go to enter information and it jut runs a single line of letters (which would hae formulatd te words if had beenhorizontal) such as:

T
h
i
s

i
s

a... "this is a problem".

UGH!!!!!!!!! How can I be the only person actively using this form having this issue? Cutting and pasting from wrd tkes all the fun out o interaction.

O, enough or now.

Coey

rotorvista

yes same here very annoying. I am using IE win 7. I don't use google cos I've found it plays vimeo videos with a flicker.

Last edited by a moderator:

COMike93yj

Still Building!
I think something is going on. Motopreserve posted something in a couple of threads that looked jumbled too. I haven't seen an issue on my Nexus 7 tablet or on my Win 7 laptop but I don't pay very close attention but will start doing so.

coreyperez

I've been dealing with it since day one.. Love this forum enough that I "Deal" with it, but I really wish I didn't have to. I noticed my mouse icon "flickers" more often while on this forum vs. any other forum I use. Also to note, this is the ONLY place it happens.

As a note, this only seems to happen AFTER the fist "Autosave" (lower right corner) and something "changes" in the smiley face/globe area.

UGH!

:) Corey

Bartman

I've been dealing with it since day one.. Love this forum enough that I "Deal" with it, but I really wish I didn't have to. I noticed my mouse icon "flickers" more often while on this forum vs. any other forum I use. Also to note, this is the ONLY place it happens.

As a note, this only seems to happen AFTER the fist "Autosave" (lower right corner) and something "changes" in the smiley face/globe area.

UGH!

:) Corey

Corey,

I'm back home after four days abroad and will look into this again today. Can you try something please? Please disable your Java add-on and see if it changes the way the forum displays and operates.

Thanks,
Bart

coreyperez

Bart,

I ure wll. Ill just give ts a quick ryand see ifthe update totecmmost crrnt javahshelpe. Im nowlokig down ter staring a thegobe ea ad I ee tha... I anything, it has gotteorse. Note: This I y Laptop runni wiws 7 and th most current ersionof Java.

coreyperez

Trying another. I just went to the java on the computer and deleted all the old files associated (cleared cache). With any luck I'll see an improvement without having to restore/remove the existing program.

Well I thought it a workingbut I seetat thre ar tll issues. Since I "autoavd" it has dumpd gin.

coreyperez

Alright. I'm back

I justwent through deleted all my ja programs addd a reboot. It appeas it didn't help.

(Corrected Below)
Just deleted Java and did a reboot. Problem remains.

Corey

Bartman

It's time we fix this once and for all. I'm on it, give me a day or two to try to find out why it's happening.
Bart