Review of "Build Your Own Drone" and customer service

sledge57

I was bitten recently with the bug to jump into this hobby.

After hours online looking at various MR kits and combos I finally decided to buy the DJI FW 550 with Naza M v2, DJI landing gear and a Zenmuse H3-2d Gimbal combo that quite a few stores were advertising.

The best price I found was at "Build Your Own Drone" in the UK, after the exchange rate and Paypal fees I got the combo for $743 about $200 less than anywhere else (on sale still for £415.83)

http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/...imbal-F550-p/dji-naza-m-v2-gps-h3-2d-f550.htm

If I was smart I would have just paid with a credit card and save almost $60.

So far so good, I placed my order and waited (as patiently as I could) 2 weeks went by and my order showed "processing"

I started getting nervous, so Monday I emailed B.Y.O.D. about the status of my order and shortly received and answer from Mike (who seemed to be the owner).

He told me he would look into what the problem was, within a couple of hours he replied again and told me he didn't know why my order was stuck in processing, it all seemed in order.

He then promised me he would see to it my order was shipped right out, about an hour later I had shipping confirmation and a tracking number.

This was late Monday in the UK, here it is 3 just days later and when I got home from work I discovered Santa came early to Michigan
Santa4.gif

Amazing, I was expecting 2 weeks from the day it shipped. I don't usually see packages arrive from company's in the states this fast.

Customer Service is alive and well in this hobby and in the UK.

I will do business with BYOD and Mike again and I can't recommend them enough.
bow.gif

Thanks B.Y.O.D. and Mike!

Pics of the goods:

My-HEX_zps5a631d79.jpg