Has anyone used or own a HPQ1C copter??? Need ANY feedback, PLEASE!

dpatti

Hi all,

I am simply trying to find out any information possible regarding the HPQ1C copter. I have an opportunity to purchase one and want the advice of those that are familiar with the industry more than I am. My goal with the copter is to shoot aerial photo/video using a GoPro 3. They do make a case/bracket for the GoPro to be used on the HPQ1C. Is this copter any good? Is it worth a $400 investment?

Here is the site to the information I have on the HPQ1C:
http://rotorconcept.com/hpq1.asp

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
what do you get for $400 and which flight control system is it using?

dpatti

My understanding is that is is the standard out of the box product. The only specs I have are the description found on the website above: Flight up to 20 mins with 3s 2400ma lithium (LiPo) battery, integrated with advanced sensors such as, accelerometer, magnetometer, 3-Axis gyro and inertia based (6DOF IMU) self stabilization system,signal loss & low battery flight warning system,HD 720p video camera with audio and DVR system,5.8 Ghz high power video sender, (up to 1,500 feet), 2.4 Ghz radio, 4 channel, flight control (up to 1/2 mile), built-in 3.5” wide screen LCD video monitor live view,Remote start/stop recording.to micro SD card,external video output for optional video glass

As far as the flight control system it is using, I am not sure. A good friend of a family member won it at a trade show.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
My understanding is that is is the standard out of the box product. The only specs I have are the description found on the website above: Flight up to 20 mins with 3s 2400ma lithium (LiPo) battery, integrated with advanced sensors such as, accelerometer, magnetometer, 3-Axis gyro and inertia based (6DOF IMU) self stabilization system,signal loss & low battery flight warning system,HD 720p video camera with audio and DVR system,5.8 Ghz high power video sender, (up to 1,500 feet), 2.4 Ghz radio, 4 channel, flight control (up to 1/2 mile), built-in 3.5” wide screen LCD video monitor live view,Remote start/stop recording.to micro SD card,external video output for optional video glass

As far as the flight control system it is using, I am not sure. A good friend of a family member won it at a trade show.

it's hard to say if it's worth $400...it could be a bunch of chinese off-market crap that won't last two weeks but without knowing brands and stuff it's impossible to know. are you trying to get started for real or just for fun? for fun it might be an ok deal but i'd try to get the price down. what is the cost new?

not much we can tell you, it's not a common model and the bent sheetmetal holding the camera in place (on the website) is about as amateur as it gets.

jes1111

Looks like it's one of the ex-China no-brand efforts - might be useful as a learner machine but probably not a long-term "investment".

EDIT: bart beat me to it

QuadroPilot

To be honest, whether you're starting for fun or for serious, there are a lot of cheaper but solid options (basically better all around) out there that will grow with you than this looks to be.

bensid54

These "All in one" things are basically toy grade plus the range of this camera and radio are not that great. Stick with the brands recommended on this website you will be much better off. I bought what I was directed to buy and can build on my system when upgrades come along.

dpatti

Wow, thanks for all the advice guys.

Would you guys recommend the Phantom 1 over this (my guess from all the responses is an easy "YES!")? Also, would the Phantom fall under the "build on my system when upgrades come along" area?

bensid54

I have a DJI Flamewheel quad with a Naza light controller, Futaba 12FG radio and a Fat Shark FPV system I'm getting a DJI hex now for safety sake. With the Flame wheel you can mix and match, make changes when you want the door is wide open, I don't think the Phantom gives you many options. I just love my quad and it can take some abuse too unlike an RC helicopter.