Camera Operator TX

gmahan3

I'm looking to expand from a 2 axis gimbal to a 3 axis and add a 2nd operator for independent camera operation.

How many channels would a TX need for the 2nd op?

CdA D

I'm looking to expand from a 2 axis gimbal to a 3 axis and add a 2nd operator for independent camera operation.

How many channels would a TX need for the 2nd op?

I'm using one for shutter, one for pan and one for pitch. My horizon is automatic. So I'm thinking at least 3.

gmahan3

Is this on the same Rx?

Or do you do you have 1 rx for your flight tx and another rx for the camera control tx?

CdA D

I have a Tx/ Rx for the aircraft and a Tx/Rx for the camera gimbal. They are independent of each other with their own per supp.

CdA D

I would imagine if you want a camera op then he/she would need to have their own Tx/Rx so as to be able to operate the gimbal independent of the aircraft. They should have FPV also so that they can see what they are photographing. That is the set-up that I use. I have a 9ch Tx for my aircraft and a 8ch Tx for the gimbal. I use the 8ch Tx because it is comparable with my FPV head tracking. I use 2.4 ghz for the aircraft and gimbal and 5.8 ghz for the FPV.