DJI IOSD Mini to DJI 5.8 Video Help

Voila!

11052012DJI58gantennaB.jpg

Here you go!

rilot

That's the iOSD not the iOSD Mini.
For the mini you need to follow the wiring for the "Other Video Transmitter" as the cables with the Mini don't interface with the DJI vTx.

So, you will have a 4-wire fly lead from the iOSD Mini. That is your v input and v output. Connect the v input to your camera signal and ground connections. You will have to find power for your camera from elsewhere.
The v output you need to connect to the connectors marked as Video GND and Video and OSD output on the vTx. Again, you'll have to find power for the vTx from elsewhere.

The mini is a bit messy to integrate to be honest.

The Mini's manual is here: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/iOSD_mini_User_Manual_v1.02_en.pdf

Thanks guys.. I'd like to have diagram like above before I start chopping wires up.. From what it seems, DJI is hard to get a hold of and parts are even harder to find without buying a whole new item..

rilot

The connectors are standard and can be bought from many places. The diagrams you need are available in the manual for the iOSD Mini that I linked above, and the vTx which is Roger's post above.
You wouldn't be chopping anything anyway as the wires you need to connect are with bare ends and came with the devices.

If you aren't comfortable with soldering things then maybe sell the Mini and buy an iOSD MK2 which will be plug and play with your vTx.

Here's what I'm working with.. Am I splicing in the 4 wires and the 3.5mm wire? Where does the existing 3.5mm go if I use the other 3.5mm wire?

20131130_092929_zps90413ee8.jpg

20131130_092905_zps648f6eb5.jpg

20131130_092833_zps2156af4e.jpg

20131130_092819_zps771ef772.jpg

That is correct Motoxer311. I was barely showing the AVL58 nomenclature to allow for mini OSD connection to the video downlink. Your information is very useful in the integration process. I also agree that you have to be imaginative and that you rapidly develop your soldering skills when you get involved with MR video downlink.

Equally important, the antennas' SMA connector on the AVL58 Tx is relatively fragile. The actual soldering on the PC board can easily be snapped off if you apply too much pressure screwing your antenna on or bending the semi-rigid coaxial wire leading to the cloverleaf antenna. Any type of impact (hard landing or mishaps) or vibrations (unbalanced props) can also snap off the weak soldering. It happened to me twice and I have 2 customers that reported the same problem (that I repaired afterwards). A generous application of dielectric liquid tape between the connector and the back cover can greatly reduce the damage possibility in this area.

If the quality of your image is great until your start your motors.... have a look at this location for broken connector legs/soldering and you will likely solve your problem. Soldering in this area require a super fine tip/low heat soldering iron and a good mignifying lens/goggles.

Hoping this helps,

Rodge

rilot

OK, you have a Zenmuse too.
So, connect the yellow and black leads from the Zenmuse to the iOSD Mini's video input. The red is not connected to anything.
The other two wires from your iOSD Mini go to the video input on your vTx
You then need to supply power to the vTx. Solter the two power leads to the battery connection points on your F550

rilot

Not sure if you're trolling me or.....

The Zenumse video cable. The one with the 3.5mm jack at the end. The one that is for video.

For those who need assistance in the future.. It's not hard, just didn't want to cut the wrong wires..

DJIIOSDMini_zpsbb17db10.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rilot

Are you sure you have the vid out and vid in the right way round?
Zenmuse cable to should go to video in on the iOSD, the the video out on the iOSD should go to the vTx.

Are you sure you have the vid out and vid in the right way round?
Zenmuse cable to should go to video in on the iOSD, the the video out on the iOSD should go to the vTx.

Thinking about it now, I think I just flipped them sketching up the diagram.. It is working on my F550 just fine..

(Image above should be good now..)

20131130_172341_zps796fb4ed.jpg

20131130_173510_zps6098f685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

xzoticskillz

Sorry to bring back an old thread. But i'm encountering the same problem at the moment. Here's a photo of my connection. Everytime I plug in the balance lead, things start smoking and the iosd and dji 5.8vtx is getting fried. What is wrong here?

View attachment 15971

Attachments

• photo-44 copy.jpg
    photo-44 copy.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 430

Well first, is that a 3S or 4S battery? Also smoking is likely the cause of wires crossed, touching, or bad solder connection somewhere. Can you please take a close up picture of the two spots you have circled?

Also take the CanBus hub off that if you only have the two. Plug the Zenmuse into the iOSD and then run that straight to the PMU :)