Props Balancing

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

up to now i am using in the img shown prop balancer. I dont trust it tough since it always gives me in my eyes a different feedback. The prop seems balanced i play arround tripple check its not balanced anymore.

What do you guys use or is there a simple construction one can make that works better than all products offered.

Thanks for any inputs !

Boris

View attachment 536

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 235

Crash

Defies Psychics
I use the balancer pictured. It works for me. There's not much that can go wrong with a gravity balancer as long as the prop is centered on the shaft and held properly.

What props are you balancing?

Naterpin

Hi Guys,

up to now i am using in the img shown prop balancer. I dont trust it tough since it always gives me in my eyes a different feedback. The prop seems balanced i play arround tripple check its not balanced anymore.

What do you guys use or is there a simple construction one can make that works better than all products offered.

Thanks for any inputs !

Boris
View attachment 1040

Your not the first person to have "THAT" problem with "THAT" model. There are three more guys on RCgoups.
That said double check everything because some guys swear by it.

Crash

Defies Psychics
Naterpin: now I'm curious what do you use?

I have balanced EPP1045 props to the point where a fruit fly can walk away from the hub and spin the prop.

I think I could find 3 guys on RCG who have wrestled Godzilla. :p And two of them will swear they have a video of it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I think i am going to buy the du-bro balancer. On the model i got i cant even be sure that the Axis is really leveled after snapping in the balancing pole. The whole construction just seems to wiggle and not really sit straight on the table. Lets see if i can get some steady results with that one. Thanks guys !

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
They have them at Tower Hobby.

I have the TopFlite magnetic balancer and it works great. But I do wonder if it is not influenced by other forces sometimes. The prop will be balanced and then 2 minutes later take on a different position onits own. No draft or breathing anywhere. It also takes a lot longer because there is so little friction there. I almost think you can do just as good a job with a mechanical wheel balancer like the dubro. hmmm.

burgor57

I ordered a Du-Bro Tru Spin so will get my props balanced shortly. However I have a question. I Purchased a set of APC 12x3.8 props for my Droidworx Hexacopter. They come with a pair of different sized bore plug to fit depending on the size of the motor shaft. On my Hexa I have HK3638 motors fitted. I find that the only plug that will fit on the shaft is actually a little too big, so the prop does not fit snugly on the motor shaft. It occurs to me this is not OK, as the prop can easily be tightened down not dead centre, and so will introduce an unwanted vibration. Anyone coame across this and have any suggested solutions?