Props for S800 EVO

KRL

Hi All,

Waiting for my new EVO to arrive, and I'd like to invest in some better props. Not sure I trust the folding ones that come stock.

Does anyone have advice for different propellers that work well with the S800 EVO + A2 + Z15 GH3?

Thanks!

econfly

Hi All,

Waiting for my new EVO to arrive, and I'd like to invest in some better props. Not sure I trust the folding ones that come stock.

Does anyone have advice for different propellers that work well with the S800 EVO + A2 + Z15 GH3?

Thanks!

Tiger Motor 15x5 props work very well.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Good Luck with that suggestion - unless TM are on the ball and have released split props. Apart from the generally horrendous experience of owning an S800, I am not interested in the EVO because the motors will not accept standard one-piece props. You are stuck with the DJI split props

Tahoe Ed

DJI is coming out with new more efficient composite folding props. I would also look at them. I have a set for my S800, the original version that I have upgraded to A2 from WKM. I have not completed my full flight test before I start moving components to it yet. Rain and wind in Las Vegas right now.

econfly

Good Luck with that suggestion - unless TM are on the ball and have released split props. Apart from the generally horrendous experience of owning an S800, I am not interested in the EVO because the motors will not accept standard one-piece props. You are stuck with the DJI split props

No, TM 15x5 props fit the Evo motors just fine.

econfly

evo1.jpg
evo2.jpg

ddikie

I am interested to try the tiger props..does that round metal plate come with the props or do u have to buy separately?

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
What clearance do you have between adjacent prop tips? I installed TM props on the S800 and the gap between props was not only inconsistent but horribly small - like 1/4" on a couple. DJI's Anti-Vibration bandaid fix might reduce vibes from getting to the camera mount but they also take away a rigid boom fixing point so that booms can flex laterally on the connector joint.

I removed the TM props to avoid any risk of prop strikes and ensuing catastrophe.

econfly

What clearance do you have between adjacent prop tips? I installed TM props on the S800 and the gap between props was not only inconsistent but horribly small - like 1/4" on a couple. DJI's Anti-Vibration bandaid fix might reduce vibes from getting to the camera mount but they also take away a rigid boom fixing point so that booms can flex laterally on the connector joint.

I removed the TM props to avoid any risk of prop strikes and ensuing catastrophe.

The TM props are 15 inches. The stock props are 15 inches. The gap is, not surprisingly, the same with both. Any issues, thus, would be the same with both. On mine the gap is about 12-13mm (for both stock props and the TM 15x5 props) and consistent.

props.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DJI is coming out with new more efficient composite folding props. I would also look at them. I have a set for my S800, the original version that I have upgraded to A2 from WKM. I have not completed my full flight test before I start moving components to it yet. Rain and wind in Las Vegas right now.

Ed... I don't know how this forum handles shills but members need to be aware that your compensated by DJI and Empire Hobby to post on all the forums you can in support of their product.
Anyone can search your posts and see that you never post an issue although you do post them to the DJI Team. I think it would be in the best interest of the forum and it's members to know when you post it is in the best interest of DJI

Shill: A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization."Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns.

How do I know this? I was on Team DJI as is Ed and 3 others until they required that we keep all issues off the forum and not report anything negative. To me that is not tech support. That is a cover up and I will not be both a member and a shill for anyone. If anyone feels this information is false I have every e-mail that the Team copies us on. If you want to know who the other members are, just PM me.

Forums should be a place to come for honest information about a product. Not to be filled with false information from compensated members.

ddikie

Hi econfly, just got my TM 15/5 and will install them tomorrow, do they effect gain settings in anyway? I am running a heavy evo zenmuse nex7 And lense? Any suggestion on your gains...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

econfly

Hi econfly, just got my TM 15/5 and will install them tomorrow, do they effect gain settings in anyway? I am running a heavy evo zenmuse nex7 And lense? Any suggestion on your gains...

I didn't notice a big impact with respect to gains, but the noise of the props declined noticeably and it seems as if flight time improved as well. I'm interested in the new DJI folders, but these Tiger props are so nice I can't see a reason to switch (though I would like to hear how the new folders work out for people).

My attitude gains are at 100% with basic gains on a slider on my Tx centered at 125%. I turn them up a little in wind, down a little if no wind -- all depends on how it's flying -- but right around 125% is a good place to start. My all-up weight is just under 8kg with 2 x 8000mAh batteries, ZenMuse, and Nex 5r with 20mm pancake lens.

ddikie

Thanks for the info, will get them on today and take her for a flight..extended flight times are very welcome, I am only getting a conservative 6 mins now.. external voltage alarm set at 3.7 volts...but have a lot of gear on it but would be nice to get 8 mins..

Also have to fine true the zenmuse I put on a 12mm 2.8 ziess tourist lense yesterday so want to see how that performs.

Take care

rilot

Ouch! Those T-Motor props are expensive. Over £180 to outfit my S800 with them.
I've bought the new DJI 1552s to see what they're like.

ddikie

Ouch! Those T-Motor props are expensive. Over £180 to outfit my S800 with them.
I've bought the new DJI 1552s to see what they're like.

They sure are expensive but they look the business!!..put them on the eve today will post a flight test report tomorrow or early next week..I am expecting great things for the money!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I’m not sure why but this made me LOL.
:D

Me too.

May have something to do with the clearly different lengths between the two in the photograph !!

Like I said, the T-Motor props are longer than the standard 15" props

skycapt

Hi dd;

Have you had a chance to try T-Motors 15x5 props. I would love hear your feedback.

Meanwhile, I tested new DJI 1552 props. They are definetely not balanced. Flight performance is much better than stock props?

Rgds,
SKyCapt