Unique Dual RX setup for WKM and Zen

AEMontoya

Hi,

I've come across some questions that even the Futaba techs cannot answer for me (in fact, 3 different techs have given me conflicting information). If anyone could help me here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's the situation:

I'd like to use a Futaba 12z radio to control two different receivers. RX 1 = 6208 and RX2 = 6308sbt. See attached diagram and 6308sbt manual (English version).

First problem: Although Futaba's website says it can be done, at least according to my interpretation, and I am pretty sure others have already done this, two Futaba techs "are pretty sure" that the 12z cannot bind to two receivers at the same time (one says that it can only be done when using 72 MHz transmission, "he thinks").
Second problem: I would like to use the 6208 to control Ch 1-7 via SBUS, with the PWM Ch 8 output controlling retracts. Then, I would like to set the 6308sbt to Mode D, which allows for the use of Ch 9-15 + the SBUS1 port simultaneously. The problem is that I need to use DG1 and DG2 of my transmitter, and so I'd like to know if I can use an SBD-1 decoder and CIU programmer to assign DG1 and DG2 using the 6308sbt. Based on all of my research, and one of the Futaba techs, this assignment of DG1 and DG2 should work just fine for any SBUS capable RX. However, another Futaba tech, who has shown himself to be quite knowledgeable about other stuff, says that DG1 and DG2 can only be assigned through the SBUS2 port, which I have never even heard of before.

Anyway, thanks for considering this issue. I've already contacted Robbe/Futaba to no avail, and have translated from a bunch of different forums in different countries, with no success.

Best Regards,
Andy

Attachments

• 6308sbt RX Manual.pdf
    943 KB · Views: 289
  • Dual RX Setup with 6308sbt0001.jpg
    Dual RX Setup with 6308sbt0001.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 177

deluge2

Haven't tried something like you're proposing, however I'm very skeptical of the advice you got & described at the end of your msg. From what i've read in Futaba manuals (which are better than DJI's but still translated into surprisingly poorly English), S.BUS2 ports should only be connected to S.BUS2-aware devices. I don't think any of the components you're seeking to control are S.BUS2-aware. Futaba manuals for its S.BUS2-containing receivers mention that these receivers can handle all 18 channels from the 18mz transmitter, 16 proportional channels +2 digital channels. These manuals mention nothing about using the S.BUS2 port for anything other than FASSTest sensors. So these channels, including the digital ones, are handled by the S.BUS port afaik.

But who know, keep us posted if you find out who's right...

Steve

Hi,

I've come across some questions that even the Futaba techs cannot answer for me (in fact, 3 different techs have given me conflicting information). If anyone could help me here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's the situation:

I'd like to use a Futaba 12z radio to control two different receivers. RX 1 = 6208 and RX2 = 6308sbt. See attached diagram and 6308sbt manual (English version).

<snip>

...However, another Futaba tech, who has shown himself to be quite knowledgeable about other stuff, says that DG1 and DG2 can only be assigned through the SBUS2 port, which I have never even heard of before.

Anyway, thanks for considering this issue. I've already contacted Robbe/Futaba to no avail, and have translated from a bunch of different forums in different countries, with no success.

Best Regards,
Andy