Is Naza-M V2 able to keep in the air Heave Lift Frames ?

canopus

Hi ! I bought 2 months ago the following product Naza-M V2.. I have a hexacopter heavy lift (TAROT 960 Frame ) weighing 6 kg ... propeller 16 * 5.5 APC Motor TAROT 340 Kv 30 AMP ESC and 6 cell battery .. in good and calm weather flies very well. ., but with a little air is completely unstable trying both GPS and Manual modes .. i have trying many differences settings for the gains but nothing..would like to ask . .the unit I bought is for less weight multicopters ?; i need another controller like WooKong-M series ?

Thank you for your time..

( i have also a second smaller Hexa With Hover fly pro controller and fly Perfect with a of winds ..)

Sokratis Damoulakis

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Many others including myself, who have designed their own systems experience the same issues regardless of flight controller manufacturer/product selected.
The motors must provide the torque needed to do the job and heavier MRs, especially those with longer motor arms need more torque.
Without the needed torque, the motor speed response time is too slow and outside of the bounds of PID loop tuning parameters for pitch and roll.
eCalc for multirotors cannot identify this issue.

Moving down to shorter radius and/or less pitch on the props might help slightly..... but reducing the MR AUW will definitely help assuming it is possible to reduce AUW.

Hi ! I bought 2 months ago the following product Naza-M V2.. I have a hexacopter heavy lift (TAROT 960 Frame ) weighing 6 kg ... propeller 16 * 5.5 APC Motor TAROT 340 Kv 30 AMP ESC and 6 cell battery .. in good and calm weather flies very well. ., but with a little air is completely unstable trying both GPS and Manual modes .. i have trying many differences settings for the gains but nothing..would like to ask . .the unit I bought is for less weight multicopters ?; i need another controller like WooKong-M series ?

Thank you for your time..

( i have also a second smaller Hexa With Hover fly pro controller and fly Perfect with a of winds ..)

Sokratis Damoulakis

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I am pretty sure that the NAZA is not recommended for anything over 650mm

Not too sure if this is a marketing ploy to get you to upgrade to wookong or because of their plastic arms on everything being so flexible

Plenty of people have built bigger than 650mm but I have only ever seen videos of calm weather flying with these bigger rigs when using a NAZA v1 or v2

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Good info...... even better if one could find DJI documentation confirming this.....
I am pretty sure that the NAZA is not recommended for anything over 650mm

Not too sure if this is a marketing ploy to get you to upgrade to wookong or because of their plastic arms on everything being so flexible

Plenty of people have built bigger than 650mm but I have only ever seen videos of calm weather flying with these bigger rigs when using a NAZA v1 or v2

canopus

I would like to thank you all for your help ... there is a delay in my reply due to time difference ... I believe the same company give me an answer .. I notified them by email and I hope answer me soon . . again thank you.

soler

I have used a naza on the Tarrot 960 with a Cannon 600D so quite heavy all up weight, No major issues. The thing with the Tarrot is you have to make sure the booms are correctly aligned and that the rotors are flat, if not they can start to fight each other and you can end up with un controlled yaw.

What types of problems do you see when it is windy? Altitude drop? Yaw issues? Drifting?

canopus

I have used a naza on the Tarrot 960 with a Cannon 600D so quite heavy all up weight, No major issues. The thing with the Tarrot is you have to make sure the booms are correctly aligned and that the rotors are flat, if not they can start to fight each other and you can end up with un controlled yaw.

What types of problems do you see when it is windy? Altitude drop? Yaw issues? Drifting?

actually by using GPS or ATTITUTE MODE in not very wind conditions frame is very unstable and i have roll oscillations also my vertical descent is bad ...right now i will change flight controllers and i will fly this frame using Hoverfly Pro controller.. after that i will post my impressions ..booms are correctly flat as you said ..so what happens ...will see...

jcampen

actually by using GPS or ATTITUTE MODE in not very wind conditions frame is very unstable and i have roll oscillations also my vertical descent is bad ...right now i will change flight controllers and i will fly this frame using Hoverfly Pro controller.. after that i will post my impressions ..booms are correctly flat as you said ..so what happens ...will see...

Try these parameters 180 180 130 150 80 80

Check this out