Cant seem to get Home Lock Wookong-M

Quinton

Am flying a new build, with a Wookong-M and latest firmware 5.26, and for some reason I seem not to be able to get home lock on the LEDs.
Its picking up all the satellites OK, and then giving me a purple flash from the LED, but I never get the home lock Indication.
Calibration is done successfully.

The second I start my motors then I get 1 purple flash, along with 5/6 fast purple flashes, and it stays that way.
Have disconnected the batteries several times, but still get exactly the same sequence.
Anyone experienced this before? and any help would be appreciated?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinton

Ok seen this in v5.24 update..

Add a new LED Indicator for recordedHome Point. When control mode is not Manual, and the satellites number MC has searched is more than 6, LED Indicator will blink 6 purple flashes regularly if the distance between the aircraft and recorded Home point is less than 8m.No blinks if the distance is beyond 8m or the control mode is Manual.

Does that mean that when you get home lock you don't get the 20 flashes for home lock any more? Confused, is anyone else using latest firmware and can let me know what homelock is.

CdA D

When I lift off, in Atti. GPS, I elevate the aircraft straight up to approx. 30' (9m). The purple flashes go away. I assume that at that point I have Home Lock. I'm using 5.26.

Maverick

Are you asking about, "HOME LOCK" or "RECORDED HOME POINT"...? "HOME LOCK" is when back on the elevator stick (channel 2) is back towards you, regardless of aircraft's orientation. Forward on elevator stick is away from you, left is always your left, and right is always your right. As far as I know the aircraft has to be at least 10m away from the recorded home point, in order for it to kick in.

RECORDED HOME POINT is where just before take-off, when you give the CSC, the LED gives a series of rapid flashes. (In my case, its cyan colour, as I'm on FW 5.20)

Quinton

Are you asking about, "HOME LOCK" or "RECORDED HOME POINT"...? "HOME LOCK" is when back on the elevator stick (channel 2) is back towards you, regardless of aircraft's orientation. Forward on elevator stick is away from you, left is always your left, and right is always your right. As far as I know the aircraft has to be at least 10m away from the recorded home point, in order for it to kick in.

RECORDED HOME POINT is where just before take-off, when you give the CSC, the LED gives a series of rapid flashes. (In my case, its cyan colour, as I'm on FW 5.20)

Sorry I mean record home point.
I should be getting 20 quick purple flashes to tell me that a home point has been stored, but I never see it.
When I start my motors then I get the purple flash followed by 6 purple flashes, which means that I am within 8 meters of recorded home position, but I don't get the 20 flashes to say that my home point has been recorded.

Quinton

When I lift off, in Atti. GPS, I elevate the aircraft straight up to approx. 30' (9m). The purple flashes go away. I assume that at that point I have Home Lock. I'm using 5.26.
Surely you should always have a single purple flash, which means your GPS and Attitude is good?
The only time you should have no flashes is when in Manual mode, or am I wrong?

Or were you talking about the 6 quick flashes that disappear after going out more than 8 meters, yes I get that also..but I never see the 20 quick purple flashes to say that home point has been recorded.

Quinton

Right let me try and understand this, as with the Naza you actually do get 20 flashes when home point is recorded.

Plug battery in, you get a little test LED to make sure everythings OK, then it checks for satellites.
3 red flashes, 1 purple
2 red flashes 1 purple
1 red flash 1 purple

1 purple
1 purple

...here is where I am expecting 20 purple flashes to let me know it is recording that spot as its home location, where it returns to land in fail safe.
Are you saying there is no such thing as 20 flashes, as Im pretty sure you should have 20 flashes at this point (which I dont get)

I start motors, then I get 1 purple flash followed by 6 quick purple flashes.
This is letting me know I am within 8 meters of my recorded home point (the place where I should get 20 purple flashes to say that home location is recorded)

I take off, go outside the 8 meters and the 6 purple flashes disappear, and I get the single purle flash to say that everything is good.

Why do I not get the 20 purple flashes after it picks up more than 6 satellites, to say that my home location is recorded successfully.
Im pretty sure I should see 20 purple flashes at that point.

Quinton

Only thing I have not done yet is set up and enable IOC
Will set that up and give it another try tomorrow.
Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

rotorvista

my take is the 6 flashes are recording home point when you start the motors. mine only does it once and all is good. i would forget everything about Naza that's totally different to Wookong M. no 20 flashes here.

Quinton

my take is the 6 flashes are recording home point when you start the motors. mine only does it once and all is good. i would forget everything about Naza that's totally different to Wookong M. no 20 flashes here.

I just setup IOC and flicked the switch back and forward a few times to record a point of interest mode (POI) and got my 20 is it cyan (green) flashes, then continued with 6 flashes while in that mode, so I find it really strange that I don't get the 20 flashes for home position record, I don't believe that 6 flashes "after" motors start is a home recording, thats just telling you your within 8 meters of the home position.
I honestly think this is a firmware bug of 5.26, will investigate more when its light.
So are you saying no one gets 20 flashes when recording home point with any Wookong version?

Just found this...Even with the A2 LED status it shows "20" so I'm 100% sure its a bug.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/A2_LED_Indicator_Description

Maverick

I had a quick read through 5.26 notes. Home point is recorded with 6 purple flashes.

Add a new LED Indicator for recorded Home Point. When control mode is not Manual, and the satellites number MC has
searched is more than 6, LED Indicator will blink 6 purple flashes regularly if the distance between the aircraft and recorded
Home point is less than 8m.No blinks if the distance is beyond 8m or the control mode is Manual.

No mention of 20 flashes.

Quinton

I had a quick read through 5.26 notes. Home point is recorded with 6 purple flashes.

No mention of 20 flashes.

Doesn't say home point is recorded with 6 flashes at all. Says that its within 8m of home point.
Why would Naza and A2 give you 20 flashes when recording home point, and Wookong doesn't?

Maverick

NAZA and WooKong -M are two totally separate controllers, and have always had their own LED colours. Different colours mean different things on both controllers.

Quinton

NAZA and WooKong -M are two totally separate controllers, and have always had their own LED colours. Different colours mean different things on both controllers.

I agree
Why would Naza give you "20" flashes when recording home point, also A2 give you "20" flashes when recording home point, but Wookong does not, doesnt make sense?
Colours don't really come into it.
Why would Wookong give you "20" flashes when recording POI, please show me exactly where it says in the Wookong manual that Home point is recorded with 6 flashes..it doesn't!
6 flashes are only to tell you that you are within 8 meters of recorded home point.

Maverick

I just had another read at the notes there - it appears that the 6 purple flashes is for when you record a new home point 'on the fly', and yes, you should be getting 20 purple flashes. Maybe it is a bug...?

Quinton

Straight from the horses mouth, I emailed DJI Europe (whoever they are :)

Hi,

No, about 6 flashes are correct, not 20 !!
Thanks

Best Regards,
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Strange that Naza and A2 give 20, but not wookong.