DJI released the latest 1552 folding propeller!

Our latest folding propeller, the 1552 is now available. With a new advanced airfoil design and stronger materials, it gives a 10% efficiency boost when used with an S800 EVO.

Specification:
Rated thrust: 1.2Kg;
Maximum thrust: 2.8Kg;
Size: 15 x 5.2 inch;
Weight: 13g per set;
Working temperature: -15℃ to 45 ℃;

Click below to watch the testing video

View attachment 14479

Attachments

• 1552.jpg
    1552.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:

econfly

I´d like to hear "free update for s800 Evo owners" now.

No kidding. Although, I've been using T-Motor 15x5 props and they are so much better than the "original" Evo folders that there is no way I am going back to any folding prop, regardless. I just couldn't get comfortable with the whole idea of that not-too-tight, but just-tight-enough (check the indicator marks!) business required for the folding prop design.

And I note along with the poster above that they show the middle two screws as not installed (my Evo arms came that way, by the way). So is that the desired configuration?

econfly

Do the T-Motor 15x5s fit on to the stock S800 EVO motors? How do they mount?

Yes. They mount to the two interior screws unused in that DJI photo above (the round T-Motor disc over the prop screwed down to the motor), so they mount perpendicular to the folding prop direction and you have the two outer folding prop mount holes empty. The DJI 4-screw bracket is not used.

Tahoe Ed

I am actually interested in trying these props. If they get 10% more lift and are balanced, that works for me flying at 6500' ASL.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I love the way dJI never reply to their customers or potential customers. I guess ignorance is bliss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cheetah2k

Got my set of updated props today. All I can say is wow. much better lift and handling, more stable, and quieter than with the carbon blades. win win, these are worth it

rilot

It seems that DJI aren't yet shipping new S800 EVO kits with these in the box and I can't find anyone in the UK that has them in stock. I was hoping to get them with my S800 when I purchase it this week......

deluge2

Checkout IntelligentUAS.com (formerly RCRUS.com). I ordered 3 sets on Sunday and rec'd them on Wed. Unfortunately I'm traveling and so won't get to take a close look at them until next week.

Steve

Where did you get them I cant find them anywhere

econfly

No kidding. Although, I've been using T-Motor 15x5 props and they are so much better than the "original" Evo folders that there is no way I am going back to any folding prop, regardless. I just couldn't get comfortable with the whole idea of that not-too-tight, but just-tight-enough (check the indicator marks!) business required for the folding prop design.

And I note along with the poster above that they show the middle two screws as not installed (my Evo arms came that way, by the way). So is that the desired configuration?

Now that I have had the new 1552 props for a while I have changed my view. The original folders underperformed in both thrust delivery and efficiency, but the 1552 prop is a significant improvement. See my review here.