GH3 Zenmuse users

Quinton

Iv'e been searching about online, and it doesnt seem to be the case?

"WORKING 4:2:0 HDMI Out 1080p Out of HDMI to compatible 'progressive' monitor confirmed as working beautifully. You can record GH3 pictures with or without the display menus in the picture!"

There's jsut something stopping me from looking at the BMPC, be at battery life or memory size or whatever.
Its just too new, and I like to see what unfolds.

Warmupper

No its not simple. New housing for BM, finding COG with external converter.
Find the right video wires for video out.
but it works brillant and we managed to use several lenses with quick adjustment.

iceman

Why are you sure it's the same with the GH3?
i didn't and that's why I asked GH3 users to confirm. I was stating for sure that GH2 will not record Progressive with HDMI plugged in and that many may not be aware of this. I apologise if this was misread.

iceman

Iv'e been searching about online, and it doesnt seem to be the case?

"WORKING 4:2:0 HDMI Out 1080p Out of HDMI to compatible 'progressive' monitor confirmed as working beautifully. You can record GH3 pictures with or without the display menus in the picture!"
does it also record to the card in the same format at the same time?

Quinton

"I'm testing the Lumix GH3's clean HDMI output together with PIX 220, which I believe is one of the cheapest high quality ProRes/DNxHD video capture setup as of today

Was taking a look at the PIX 220, what makes this different to the Atomos Ninja which is 1/4 of the price, if it is just XLR input then that can easily be sorted very cheaply.
The Ninja records onto exactly the same format, it has 2 digital and 2 analog channels, and you could use any line out to XLR adaptor if your camera doesn't have XLR inputs.

deluge2

No problem I guess I misunderstood your statement "...I'm aware there is no fix for this and I'm sure it's the same with GH3, GH3 users please confirm." I thought that meant you were sure the same problem applied to the GH3. But now I understand that you didn't know, but speculated that the problem applies. Anywhoo, it appears that the problem does not apply to the GH3.

Steve

i didn't and that's why I asked GH3 users to confirm. I was stating for sure that GH2 will not record Progressive with HDMI plugged in and that many may not be aware of this. I apologise if this was misread.

iceman

No problem I guess I misunderstood your statement "...I'm aware there is no fix for this and I'm sure it's the same with GH3, GH3 users please confirm." I thought that meant you were sure the same problem applied to the GH3. But now I understand that you didn't know, but speculated that the problem applies. Anywhoo, it appears that the problem does not apply to the GH3.

Steve
Cool, no problem. I've been looking everywhere online but can't find a definitive statement that clearly states that the GH3 will output clean HDMI AND record the same res to the internal card at the same time. OK clean HDMI out is great on the ground if you want to record to an external device such as the Ninja but I don't want to be lifting more gear in the air. What we need is someone who has the camera to test this and interigate the internally recorded files to ensure they record in progressive at high bit rate (1080 50p 72Mbps) if your PAL or 60p for our friends over the pond.

rotorvista

Cool, no problem. I've been looking everywhere online but can't find a definitive statement that clearly states that the GH3 will output clean HDMI AND record the same res to the internal card at the same time. OK clean HDMI out is great on the ground if you want to record to an external device such as the Ninja but I don't want to be lifting more gear in the air. What we need is someone who has the camera to test this and interigate the internally recorded files to ensure they record in progressive at high bit rate (1080 50p 72Mbps) if your PAL or 60p for our friends over the pond.

yes the GH3 definately records in progressive at 72Mbps in MOV format whilst outputting 1080i to the hdmi. I have mine up and running but have a problem with the forward/down orientation, I have it set up correctly and the assistant agrees to my stick movements but I cannot get the camera to look down or straight ahead via aux2 and when it resets to centre the camera remains locked on the tilt and wont level automatically?? Anyone any clues? Also the motors are making a buzzing noise which surely can't be right?? I have transferred my settings straight from my NEX Zen and all corresponds with the correct positions in the GH3 assistant... I have tried adjusting the end points no joy there.

rotorvista

i also have 360 pan in fpv mode which was limited to about 45 degrees either side on the NEX Zen, is this normal for the GH3 Zen?

Quinton

yes the GH3 definately records in progressive at 72Mbps in MOV format whilst outputting 1080i to the hdmi. I have mine up and running but have a problem with the forward/down orientation, I have it set up correctly and the assistant agrees to my stick movements but I cannot get the camera to look down or straight ahead via aux2 and when it resets to centre the camera remains locked on the tilt and wont level automatically?? Anyone any clues? Also the motors are making a buzzing noise which surely can't be right?? I have transferred my settings straight from my NEX Zen and all corresponds with the correct positions in the GH3 assistant... I have tried adjusting the end points no joy there.

I dont have the GH3 Zenmuse, but I do have the gopro h2-3d one, and I had to have that set on X1 for it to work, and you could not get it centered correctly unless you calibrated X1 stick in the NAZA assistant which is very similar to Wookong.
As for the buzzing, when the h2-3d came out some users complained about buzzing, then their gimbal stopped working altogether which is why DJI released an update to make it go limp if too much pressure was put on the motors as it could'nt handle it.
That is why you cant modify the Zenmuse gimbal at all.