fatshark altitude and the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D on the Phantom Problem

Premavera

Hi,

My name is Teru.
Recently, I bought Phantom & DJI Zenmuse H3-2D, and FPV Fatshark Altitude.
When I connect Fatshark cable to Gopro, it becomes problem with Zenmuse.. (see link below)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrQvs5Iyd6k&feature=youtu.be

It looks like loosing balance because of the weight. if I plug out the cable, zenmuse works fine..
Could anybody know how can I fix this???
Please advise!

Thank you very much for listening!!

Teru

FlyGirl

It's causing interference with the Zenmuse I am sure. I couldn't see where you had things located like the antenna and the board for the Video Transmitter. Is it close to anything that controls the Zenmuse? Can you post a picture of where the board/cables/antenna are located?

Premavera

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 176

Fastrack

I would suggest the problem is almost certainly the weight of the cable. The zenmuse is really sensitive about balance, sometimes even the wind will trip it. Why no use the video feed of the backpac port which the zenmuse is already running through the arms into the GCU?

Premavera

I'm not sure how much is the weight. but when I put filter on lens it occur same problem.(Filter wasn't that heavy. and it was same side with cable.)

I may try with this cable. maybe it will work.. Thank you!

Teru

soler

I would take the video feed out of the 3.5mm jack plug on the zenmuse controller, taking it out of the side of the camera will just cause problems, you should have the 3.5mm plug in the kit for the zen. Just solder this up to the connection to the FatShark.

Premavera

I cut the cable to make it light, and it was better than before.. I believe the weight is problem.
Are you talking about the cable to transmitter? this is for Fatshark FPV, so I can monitor wireless.
Thanks!

teru

soler

Yes, I also have a fat shark transmitter. on the zen box there is a 3.5mm headphone jack, this is the video out, just follow the connections to connect this to the transmitter. This also has a 12V feed so this can power the transmitter too if you want.

I cut the cable to make it light, and it was better than before.. I believe the weight is problem.
Are you talking about the cable to transmitter? this is for Fatshark FPV, so I can monitor wireless.
Thanks!

teru

Fastrack

Teru,

Even though it works, you are using an extra cable that you don't need. Much better to get your video feed from the gimbal controller, then you have no cable at all

Sent from my RM-892_apac_australia_new_zealand_267 using Tapatalk

soler

Teru,

Even though it works, you are using an extra cable that you don't need. Much better to get your video feed from the gimbal controller, then you have no cable at all

Well you still need a cable from the controller but I agree a much more simple solution is just to take if from the controller, That's why they put it there.

Premavera

I see!! I didnt know you can connect directly from zen to transmitter! i will try that!
Thank you! I appreciate it!

Teru

Yes, I also have a fat shark transmitter. on the zen box there is a 3.5mm headphone jack, this is the video out, just follow the connections to connect this to the transmitter. This also has a 12V feed so this can power the transmitter too if you want.