New Sony A7.

Warmupper

Since this has turned into a camera discussion, I'll throw in my 2 cents

Same here. We were using the GH2 last year. Nice footage with the new hacks. But still AVCHD and reliable only in 24p
.When shooting 25p the camera freezes sometimes, even with conservative hacks. Detail with higher bitrates is good. I don't like the moire and gradient banding. Same with GH3. It is still 8bit. And you will never get a flat picture profile as Log C on Alexa of course. When dialing down the color information you can not recover the footage in post.

I really like like the BM pocket with our modified Zenmuse.
Very smooth footage in ProRes HQ 10Bit and a very flat Image with cine gamma. Very good low light performance and only little noise.
We managed to adjust the Zen with different lenses quickly.
But there are still some issues. The battery perfomance is bad.
You need at least 10 batteries for a shooting day, better more ;)
You need at least 3 fast 64GB SD cards. Recording 6min is around 10GB.
And this is not RAW.

And we had some problems when modifying the Zen for BMPC. The Pocket provides only progressive HDMI out. The Zenmuse only can handle interlaced HDMI.

But in the end it is the best solution in this price and weight class in my opinion.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
So, are Copter Kids the only guys left flying single rotor professionally?

Nice new machine they've built. Looks to be based on the Goblin. I like those mechanics a lot.

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Ok. But have we seen any results? Is he actually using it? Honestly asking, I just haven't seen anything.

I know of a number of long-time professionals that have given up on single rotors. Just too finicky, and that much more dangerous.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
They probably just became so comfortable with it they stuck with it and it does have numerous advantages. But I wont dig that conversation up again. I'm sure their market has died down a little as the market has become more competitive. When we shot Gymkhana 5, the first thing out of the guys mouth was "are you the copter kids?" I said "No, we're the copter adults." And somehow everything worked out. :)

I wonder what happened to that Eric guy, he did this a long time ago and had that Trex 700 with the 7d. You know who I am talking about?

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Know, not sure who you're referring to by Eric. There were a lot of guys. Even Photoship One is selling multirotors now.

Helis definitely have advantages. But they're also definitely harder to get working perfectly. And if you don't need the particular advantages they offer, it's just not worth it. I fly both, so I'm unbiased.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It was this guy. I just mention him because I havent heard anything from him either in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
LOL, isn't watching old servo-gimbal footage a trip? ;)

Never seen that guy before. Actually not that impressed, he had a serious tail wag problem.

There used to be a lot of Pro SRH AP guys on HeliFreak, but they're all gone now. I think there's one guy left.

jes1111

Well, from his Vimeo feed - he's flying a multi now (an S800 by the look of it) - so no surprises there, then ;)