NAZA IDLE RPM too fast!

Emowillcox

Normally I run 4S but after talking to Bart and Sleepy C thought i'd try to use some my 6S packs that I used on my old helicopters on the multicopters. Hooked up some new Turnigy Multistar ESC and Motors that can run 6S on a quad with a Naza FC so I could try 6S. This morning took it out put 4S on and it flew fine. So then went for my big test with 6S. Hooked up the battery stepped back and armed the motors with the transmitter and the Idle RPM once I armed the motors on 6 S was so fast that the quad took off and started flying. No need for coffee after this woke me up:shame::):dejection::livid::dread::black_eyed:. Question is how can I lower the arming speed on the motors once I arm the NAZA with the radio. I am using a JR 9503. Thought maybe I could do it through the radio adjustments, but didn't have much luck. Wondering if I need to calibrate the ESCs to the radio or something. On 4S its no problem, but the extra power from the 6S is too much.

SamaraMedia

I'm no expert and have been struggling with the latest upgrade on my old Naza M to V2 firmware but I'm wonering if you went into the assistant to reconfigure the voltage setup to 6S?

John

soler

Changing the voltage setup in the assistant software to 6S should not make any difference, I would try changing the Idle speed to low but it probably is still well over powered, Better with smaller props

Emowillcox

Yeah I have not used the software assistant in a while and forgot where the motor idle set up was. I found it under the motor mixer. As for going to 6S on voltage part of the set up I figured that was mostly for setting up the low voltage warning, but I did go ahead and change that as well.
I put the stick stick to low on idle speed in the software and then tested in the shop with out props. It was only by sound and does sound like it might be turning less RPM. I'm gonna put props on and when i get enough light go outside and test it.

photobobga

Attachments

• idle speed.JPG
    idle speed.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 375