CarbonCore Cortex X8

Akermay

Hi

We are looking at a few different copters, namely S800 EVO and the CarbonCore Cortex X8 fairly closely. There is an infinite amount to read about the S800, however not the Cortex. Understandable as its not available yet.

We are attracted to the S800 as its tried and tested, but the power and foldability of the Cortex looks pretty good. Heard lots of positive X8 comments as well. So here come some questions:

• Does a hex offer anything better over an X8?
• Would you think it silly to compare the S800 and Cortex?
• Would you personally buy a Cortex out of the gate knowing few to none had flown/tested it (as its a new frame)?
• Anything which stands out to you when making a choice between the two?

Any input is much appreciated, thanks.

maxwelltub

I would definitely go for the x8. I had a s800 and other flat hex models, and after testing a coax i would never go back. Carbon cores are not as easy to get parts, but I am very happy with mine and would get the Cortrex. That being said I am not usually the first one to buy a new product. I would wait to see the feedback.

CarbonCore

Hello,
Thank You for your interest in the new CarbonCore Cortex.
Only released in November 2013, the Cortex has been designed with 3 years of feedback from our multicopter clients.
And made with the proven methods from our old multicopter range.

The CarbonCore Hexa950 with Leg Set (That does not retract) was 1Kg lighter than the S800 with the same motors and electronics.
The Cortex with retracts, is both lighter, stronger and also less costly then the Hexa950 + Leg Set.
And the Cortex can be fitted with up to 4 6S batteries.

There are a few flying videos of the Cortex on the CarbonCore website home page.
All spare parts are in stock on the CarbonCore website and we can ship worldwide.