Worlds First Drone Photography Book

Kilby

Hey Gang,

Some of you know about it, but I wanted to post about a project we have been working on for the better part of 2013. We took a long hard look at our body of photography work, and organized it into our first book. We picked the subject of Baltimore for the first one, so we had to leave out some of of our favorite photos. We hope to be able to do another soon that we can include them in.

The book is called Drone Art: Baltimore. It's available on Amazon right now and in brick and mortar shops in the next few weeks. http://amzn.to/1bVcNsR As far as I know, this is the first aerial photography book shot entirely by UAV. In addition to the photos, we also included a chapter of text that tells the story about how my wife and I became a team that works together and our journey to learn this craft as one. We hope it can reach an audience that normally wouldn't be exposed to this technology and help them see one of the more creative ways in which it can be used.

View attachment 14045

Thanks,
Terry

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381499048.986431.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381499048.986431.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 368

Chap

Great idea. I've just placed an order on Amazon, and am really looking forward to reading it!
The drought of books about drone photography will surely come to an end soon...!

Kilby

Wow, this board is amazing. That is for the support, everyone! We have always focused on stills over video, so the idea of a book just felt like a natural progression. We are happy to see people who are interested in the idea as we are.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
But does the book fold into a drone when it's not being used as a book? (reference to Kramer's coffee table book about coffee tables) :)

Maverick

Hey Gang,

Some of you know about it, but I wanted to post about a project we have been working on for the better part of 2013. We took a long hard look at our body of photography work, and organized it into our first book. We picked the subject of Baltimore for the first one, so we had to leave out some of of our favorite photos. We hope to be able to do another soon that we can include them in.

The book is called Drone Art: Baltimore. It's available on Amazon right now and in brick and mortar shops in the next few weeks. http://amzn.to/1bVcNsR As far as I know, this is the first aerial photography book shot entirely by UAV. In addition to the photos, we also included a chapter of text that tells the story about how my wife and I became a team that works together and our journey to learn this craft as one. We hope it can reach an audience that normally wouldn't be exposed to this technology and help them see one of the more creative ways in which it can be used.

View attachment 17707

Thanks,
Terry

World's SECOND Drone Photogrammetry Book!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but these guys got there first! They released this a few months back!

http://youtu.be/fz-bDhr99W0

I just love their book title! "Undiscovered Ireland"

Cool stuff from BOTH you guys though - Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:

Liutas009

he, to be honest, this is gona be the 3rd book in the world made by different person. First one was made in Lithuania 3 years ago with remote controled plane, than same person made about 10 more books just using planes and copters.
We followed in Ireland with the same Idea. I believe soon all countries will have a book like this :)

Maverick

Hey Liutas009,

Welcome to the forum mate! Congrats on your first post!

Maybe some of these multirotor fans will buy your book also...???

I bought one, and it's brilliant. I'm in Ireland all my life, and there's photos in it of places that I never even knew about!!!

Rugg

Hi everybody, in 2012 I also published a photography book exclusively made with a multicopter (different machines and cameras where used). It's about a region of the Italian Alps called Sudtirol. Here you can find the booktrailer:
http://vimeo.com/54126550

Kilby

Wow, thanks for the feedback everyone. We searched and searched trying to figure out if anyone else had done something like this, but wasn't able to find anything. I'm glad you guys pointed it out. Looks like we were the first in the US though? Am I correct in that statement? It looks like everyone else was from outside the US?

-Terry