Hello from NJ

djw43

My wife has a busy residential real estate business and I know some aerial videos would be a great enhancement to her listings. So I have been hanging out here trying to learn as much as possible. I have a flight simulator program in the mail to get me started, but I realize it is a steep learning curve and a lot of research and time and effort to get to a point of filming.
Thanks
dave

djw43

Hi Bart,
thanks for responding!
I'm in warren twp, looks like 35 min away from you, which seems like nothing in this hobby, considering where people are located on your forum!
I have been communicating with Yuri Reiter some about his MR's, but the only reason I would buy them if it was a great deal, and I could sell off one or 2 of them to reduce my actual cost of the keeper. But I dont have a feel for what used units go for. And from what I've read I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty as long as i had documentation. On the other hand I look to you and your experience for advise. I know i am nowhere near flying!
But my education is Elec Engr, although I never pursued as a career, went o finance. So I have fooled around with RC but many yrs ago.

thanks for any help and I would come see you anytime!

david weiniger

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
David,

There are a few of us (that I know of) in NJ that are flying multi-rotor heli's. I'm trying to get together with a guy from Fort Lee so maybe we can coordinate to have you join us as well.

I'm not sure if I'll be off the weekend of the 19th but if I am maybe we can do a meet-up somewhere in NJ?

Bart

djw43

sounds great Bart, If its Sat the 19th, I can meet anytime after 1, free anytime Sunday
thanks

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Attachments

• IMG_26092013_231233-1.png
    IMG_26092013_231233-1.png
    5 KB · Views: 163

HDG

Hi Guys
I also live in NJ and would like to get into flying Mulirotors. I wanted to find out if there was any clubs in the state and any hobby shops that sell multirotors. I am looking to fly them as a hobby but also use them for my business. I have a landscape architecture company based in Westfield NJ. I would use the Multirotor to do fly overs my projects and short videos for my web site. Where should I start?

djw43

Hi,
i have been going to 3DX Hobbies on Rt 22 west bound in Bound Brook, he is a DJI dealer, and is very knowledgable.
dave, in warren

HDG

Thanks for the info on the hobby shop
I will definitely take a ride over and check it out.
What kind of multirotor do you fly?

djw43

i picked up a used droidworx AD8, its an older model and has DJI wookong controller, only got it in Oct. There has been a lot to learn not having been in RC for 20 yrs, but the info avail online is vast!

HDG

Dave
How do you think I should get started?
Should I look for a pre built unit or a new muti rotor ?
Was it hard to learn to fly your multi rotor?
Have you taken any videos? I kind of need a direction to get me started

Thanks for your help
Marc

djw43

keep in mind, i am almost as new as you, but i have been getting completely immersed in the hobby, my goal being to take aerial stills and videos for my wife's real estate listings. There is a big advantage to building yourself, especially if something misbehaves. There is a group build happening right now, and there is no better way to get started, unless you have to have it "now", like some people :)
You can also look in the classified forum, but I would go to 3DX Hobby, introduce yourself, he also has a few prebuilt quads and hex, with naza, or naza lite, good starters as far as i know.
Just did a little flying in the park , its so warm today. PM me if you want more info

and i started with a blade nano qx ($80) fun

Last edited by a moderator:

jwashington133

Hi,
I read your post. I think your post very well for every people and I have a small website. It's on General Crane Services. If you like it, please go to this site around once.
Thank you,

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hello HDG and welcome to the site!

i'm around on the weekends of Jan 11 and Jan 18 if you guys want to meet up somewhere, i can also do this saturday (dec 28) if you're available on short notice. we can meet at my house in Milford, NJ if you'd like and should be able to get some flying in at the local park if we meet up this week.
@dave, sorry I haven't been keeping up with you, would love to see the heli you picked up if you can make it.

bart