S800 EVO Feedback? Any experience?

ficecone

Does anyone actually own and use one of these? How is it working out so far. Looking for feedback good or bad?
Thanks

tuxn

I say the same don't do it.
I also on S800 and are reading the tread at RCG. Not all like the new one. Some strange thinks is not right on the EVO for instans the hot motors just to name one.
I have rebuild my S800 on a alu frame and now it is a dream to fly I have made 2 fron old S800 parts and i like it so mouch.
Do you own a S800 and want fo transform it to somthing you can trust then you just ask me. I can helt with a frame whare you can mount ESC motor and center plate to get all to work.

Blayne Chastain

MR, Heli & Sailplanes
Have been flying the EVO for about a month now. No issues. It's a relatively good deal considering it comes with the retracts - also if you were able to grab it with the wookong. If deciding between the s800 or Evo, my vote is for the Evo.

I had a slight "accident" with my EVO which required an extensive rebuild. It was entirely my own stupidity, so I can't blame the EVO, which flew without a hitch.
I want it all to go into a Peli case and bring it on holidays, which is primarily why I went for it.
I don't particularly like the folding prop concept on the EVO, but if I try and put fixed props on I will lose the portability?

Akermay

I had a slight "accident" with my EVO which required an extensive rebuild. It was entirely my own stupidity, so I can't blame the EVO, which flew without a hitch.
I want it all to go into a Peli case and bring it on holidays, which is primarily why I went for it.
I don't particularly like the folding prop concept on the EVO, but if I try and put fixed props on I will lose the portability?

I don't personally own an S800, we are still trying to decide ourselves. However, I don't see why it would;t still be portable by using fixed props. The only difference being, when you box up your arms for travel, they are each half a prop length longer, so you don't need a huge amount extra box space.

I don't personally own an S800, we are still trying to decide ourselves. However, I don't see why it would;t still be portable by using fixed props. The only difference being, when you box up your arms for travel, they are each half a prop length longer, so you don't need a huge amount extra box space.

Yep, good point!