ASSISTANT SOFTWARE... DO I REALLY NEED to go there?

demunseed

So, I bought the Phantom... Calibrated and just started flying the hell out of it... :)
do I NEED to use the assistant software for something IMPORTANT? I'm on a Mac Computer and don't really have access to a PC.

ALSO, How do you plug the Phantom into a PC? Is there a USB plug INSIDE the shell of the Phantom or what?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I personally wouldn't even fly a rig if I hadn't checked it on the assistant software first. Maybe that's just me. Not sure about the Phantom though.

CdA D

I have flown my Octo many times and never used the failsafe, but I always check the aircraft and Tx with the "Assistant Software" before flying. This might seem a little anal and it might be, but more than once I found that the autopilot wouldn't go into failsafe when the Tx was turned off. If I had needed the failsafe it wouldn't have worked. I only knew this by using the "Assistant Software". Be ware.

demunseed

So..... how do you plug it in?

I have flown my Octo many times and never used the failsafe, but I always check the aircraft and Tx with the "Assistant Software" before flying. This might seem a little anal and it might be, but more than once I found that the autopilot wouldn't go into failsafe when the Tx was turned off. If I had needed the failsafe it wouldn't have worked. I only knew this by using the "Assistant Software". Be ware.

So how does it work with the Assistant Software? Is there a USB plug INSIDE the shell of the phantom?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
There should be a USB cable inside where the battery goes.... Reading the manual would have told you that. Anyway, just because you have a Mac does not mean you can't run the software, Bootcamp and install windows or buy and use Parallel Desktop. Either will work, bootcamp is free and installed already on most newer Macs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertsUp

You have to have the Assistant software up and running, your craft connected to a pc with the usb cable, and the transmitter turned on. If you don't check out your craft's functionality with Assistant, your phantom could veer off and take out the eyes of a child. You can't be lazy. The Phantom isn't a toy. How much homeowners insurance do you have? Sounds like you need more.