LMFAO at Agencies

janoots2

Hey guys....little story for ya...no ending yet :) Long story short....
Agency calls me in for a meeting to build them a top of the line dual operator copter because they like my work and want me to pilot, but I fly a Nex5n and not 5d - so my equipment isn't good enough...

Give them a full parts buy list for HL Cinestar 8 with proper due diligence - because of course they want the option to lift a RED...
Double plate, 8 dampers, etc., you know all the little stuff we chat about.... gave them a build cost.

Turns out their camera guy went to Quadrocopter's site and bought a full pre-built MK setup with no RC experience because they sold them on it!! Good for them!

Reason being I told them it would be at least a month build time and they thought that was too long, and also the camera guy heard MK "was better in the wind"

Told them good luck and they're in for a world of hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO at agencies.............

Last edited by a moderator:

janoots2

Can't wait till they realize the dumped $15K down the drain. Should have bought a grand piano instead expecting Beethoven, much prettier center piece. Even though they still won't have a pianist/pilot :)

janoots2

They have no idea what they're in for.

Do you think it will go down in the ocean or a crowded stadium?

I can only pray the ocean! Definitely a scary case study of "what's happening" with this industry and internet sales in general. Why sit down with a consultant when you can click a few drop down boxes and have it delivered to your front door? Hate to say it, but we need acceptable and small business friendly regulations to have some sort of threshold.

Last edited by a moderator: