XAircraft XAircraft America

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the XAircraft America and the SuperX. First let me start by saying that I have multiple DJI WKM flight controllers as well as various DJI frames including the S800, F450 and F550. Needless to say I have many thousands of dollars in DJI equipment. After the lack of support from DJI and disregard for its customers I started looking around for another FC. Thats when I discovered XA SuperX and XAircraft America. I started to do some research on the SuperX and decided for the money I would give it a try. That's when I decided to place an order with Drew from XAircraft America for the X650 Pro with SuperX combo as well as the OSD and Tarrot gimbal. After placing my order I had some questions on how the hookup of the OSD would work with the gimbal and Hero 3. Drew responded within hours of my email to explain what would be needed and offered to perform the necessary work to make it plug and play. When I received my kit and got everything together with a few emails to Drew on some questions, I can say this is the most stable FC I have every flown. The stability and GPS hold are truly outstanding. I would recommend the superX to anyone looking for a FC and would highly recommend that they purchase from XAircraft America. The support provided by Drew from XAircraft America is second to none. I feel that he cares about his customers and making sure they are successful in this hobby.

Thanks Drew for making my experience with the SuperX a very positive and rewarding one.

-Marc

Kilby

Multirotorforums.com will be doing an official review of the Super X flight controller system in the coming weeks. Drew has been great to work with so far, and I'm very happy to see a new reliable XAircraft dealer located in the US. I'll be doing the review for this product, and will be sure to put it through it's paces. Having been an owner of the previous XAircraft products, as well as offerings from several of the other top flight controllers out there (and some not considered top), I feel good about being able to position it against the rest of the industry.

Thanks for sharing, Marc!

-Terry

Kilby

Terry, is there a spot for reviews that have been done in the past? I looked and came up empty.

Hey Crasher, I don't think there currently is, but that is a great idea. I'll see if we can't get something like that set up. Thanks!

akfreak

At AV8Chuck here is a review for you https://vimeo.com/75798764

And here's is a review of my Hex with SuperX, hey that rhymes, "Hex with a SuperX". Begin review, " it's the best flight controller I have ever used". End review!

Drew sold me my SuperX and in my opinion for ease of use, and stability the SuperX flight controller is a hard combination to beat. Combine that with the service from Drew, you might as well forget about anything from DJI.

I tell you what, being from Vegas, and a gambling man a heart. I challenge anyone with a DJI, here and now, if you want to fly your machine against mine in GPS hold mode, side by side, and if your DJI holds better then my machine, you can have it. If not I will take yours, and sell in in the forum. I will donate 1/2 the proceeds to ST. Jude Children's hospital, and the other half towards another SuperX!

Ok, on a serious note, I really do love what Xaircraft is offering. Bedsides the SuperX's performance, the service that Drew gave to me, really makes me glad that I decided to buy from him. Believe me, I was skeptical at first, not only is the FC kind of expensive, I really didn't know much about the company. After Goggling and reading about DJI flyaways, and the death rolls I was extremely leery as I ventured into building a DLSR aerial platform. I searched every where for these story's with XAircraft and particular SuperX, and I found nothing. I did find some things, but with the Black Box feature the guys at Xaircraft use to trouble shoot, there was always a definable reason. I have even used the black box to troubleshoot as I finalize my project.

I fyou are considering building a serious machine, the SuperX is really a great piece of kit. I look forward to big thinks from the folks at Xaircraft. I really feel if they could bring the price down just a little, they could really take a huge pieces of business from DJI. The performance is there, no doubt about it. Buy one and see for yourself. I am sure Drew's offer stands for anyone who buys a SuperX. He told me, "if you buy and you don't like it, send it back I will refund you".

Do your research, and see for yourself, this stuff is amazing!

rwilabee

I agree with akfreak except price. I think that for Aluminum Machined Quality Components the price is very fair. Look at the cost of the DJI A2 with the same Aluminum Components. I realize that the A2 will do some things that the SuperX will not do, but most of us don't need those additional functions, and there is a huge price difference, especially if you are just building a quad or Hex.

At AV8Chuck here is a review for you https://vimeo.com/75798764

And here's is a review of my Hex with SuperX, hey that rhymes, "Hex with a SuperX". Begin review, " it's the best flight controller I have ever used". End review!

Drew sold me my SuperX and in my opinion for ease of use, and stability the SuperX flight controller is a hard combination to beat. Combine that with the service from Drew, you might as well forget about anything from DJI.

I tell you what, being from Vegas, and a gambling man a heart. I challenge anyone with a DJI, here and now, if you want to fly your machine against mine in GPS hold mode, side by side, and if your DJI holds better then my machine, you can have it. If not I will take yours, and sell in in the forum. I will donate 1/2 the proceeds to ST. Jude Children's hospital, and the other half towards another SuperX!

Ok, on a serious note, I really do love what Xaircraft is offering. Bedsides the SuperX's performance, the service that Drew gave to me, really makes me glad that I decided to buy from him. Believe me, I was skeptical at first, not only is the FC kind of expensive, I really didn't know much about the company. After Goggling and reading about DJI flyaways, and the death rolls I was extremely leery as I ventured into building a DLSR aerial platform. I searched every where for these story's with XAircraft and particular SuperX, and I found nothing. I did find some things, but with the Black Box feature the guys at Xaircraft use to trouble shoot, there was always a definable reason. I have even used the black box to troubleshoot as I finalize my project.

I fyou are considering building a serious machine, the SuperX is really a great piece of kit. I look forward to big thinks from the folks at Xaircraft. I really feel if they could bring the price down just a little, they could really take a huge pieces of business from DJI. The performance is there, no doubt about it. Buy one and see for yourself. I am sure Drew's offer stands for anyone who buys a SuperX. He told me, "if you buy and you don't like it, send it back I will refund you".

Do your research, and see for yourself, this stuff is amazing!

Stacky

I have been keeping an eye on this but havent seen a proper review anywhere.
Can you give any more information on it. You have told us how much you like it but you havent told us anything about it. What is it like in manual mode, how does it handle the wind or descending? etc etc.

rwilabee

Have you checked out this review.... Just scan down the page for SleepyC he has more than one post so find the one for his review.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?13158-SuperX/page7

I have been keeping an eye on this but havent seen a proper review anywhere.
Can you give any more information on it. You have told us how much you like it but you havent told us anything about it. What is it like in manual mode, how does it handle the wind or descending? etc etc.

Stacky

Thanks, yeah I saw that but unfortunately it doesnt tell me much. I can get my KK2 board to hover in one spot in calm conditions. Im not sure if people using multi's for work spend most of their time hovering in one spot. I would like to know how they feel when moving, slowly and a bit faster. I want to know how they handle in the wind and also how they handle descending especially in the wind.
So far I have been able to work out they are easy to set up, user friendly which is a big plus, well supported, another big plus and that the GPS works well and also that they hover in one place well.
But how do they go in actual working conditions?

akfreak

Manual mode, it handles like my Blade MQX,And KK 2.0 bird, awesome. It stays at whatever angle you put it until you make a correction. That is to say it performs exactly as one would expect in manual mode. Now as far as descending, the craft size and actual components used to construct the craft have a lot to do with how it descends. Large props, huge center covers and flight mode all have factors on how it handles. All I can say about descending is my hex comes comes down without any crazy wobbles or unwanted moments. Auto land on return to home or fail safe is perfect.

I bought the SuperX because I wanted a stable aerial platform for photography. If I want to do Acro, it wont be with a 1100mm hex with $10,000 worth of gear hear hanging under it., I will use the KK 2.0 board with 1.6. For what I bought it for, (A tool for photography) this thing is sold as a rock in GPS hold.

You ask how do they work in the wind, well see for yourself. I have not make a video of mine in the wind because I am not in the business of making videos of my Hex flying. I am into still imagery, and the SuperX is really great in that role.

Here is a video of the machine in high wind. http://youtu.be/4EWWjKDZdL8

Look how beautiful the video is in high wind and descending. I hope this helps you understand. At the end of the day, you cant know how it really performs unless you fly one. There is ZERO challenge in flying the SuperX in GPS mode. Literally my 5 year old little girl, who has never flown any RC craft in her life, can take off, move it around and land it with Zero risk of it crashing (note I put the radio in Dual rate mode with 50% stick input reduction). This Zero workload in flying the craft, makes it so easy to concentrate on getting the imagery that I want.

As to actual working conditions, this statement is subjective. For me working means send the machine up to a spot, hold where I want so I can get my pictures then come home and land. That is not to say the machine cant move fast, because frankly it can (depending on your machine). Here is a video showing one of the owners in the RCGroups owners thread of him running some test. I would have to say it is doing pretty well. Tell me what you think, ok http://youtu.be/NTm0hZ7EEvI

Stacky

Those 2 videos are a great help thanks.
I use my multis for stills work and wind performance is important even for stills. Where i live its breezy most of the time and even though stills requires basically the ability to hold a spot to get a photo you still have to get there and back as well as handle things if the situations become tricky.