Dji Naza M wont take off ground problems

zackwrx05

I just put together my quad, it was a F550, but not i bought new parts, made it a quad copter,
I have a problem, my first flight never got off the ground, arm motors and all, i gave it 50% throttle, and it flipped over on the rear, the props are right way, motors spinning right way from wher i look on Naza Assit,
so what can fix this problem, plz help

Specs:
Futaba T7c
Naza M and Gps
Sunnysky motor 2216-11 900kv
10-4.5 props
Turnigy plush 30A ESC

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Is the controller facing the right direction? CG correct?

Post pictures so we can see it....

Last edited by a moderator:

zackwrx05

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 313

Tahoe Ed

Make sure that your motors are connected correctly to the Naza. Remember you are really setting up a quad on a hex frame. I did it and had no issues. I just did not like the way it flew but it was nice not to have to worry about the props being in the shot. I am filming with my F450 now with DJI landing gear. The fronts are rotated out so that they are outside of the shot. Still have to make sure that the camera is pointed down to not get prop artifact.

zackwrx05

Make sure that your motors are connected correctly to the Naza. Remember you are really setting up a quad on a hex frame. I did it and had no issues. I just did not like the way it flew but it was nice not to have to worry about the props being in the shot. I am filming with my F450 now with DJI landing gear. The fronts are rotated out so that they are outside of the shot. Still have to make sure that the camera is pointed down to not get prop artifact.

Ty for resounding, I have the x666 frame, it is setup for quad, motor are connect right, if they wasn't the Esc starts to beep very loud lol

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
If the front is closest to the wall, then your Naza is pointing in the wrong direction, ESC outs go to the front of the naza, radio inputs go to the back. Hence the tipping over when lifting off, the MC sees the tip and tries to counteract but it keeps tipping forward as the MC sees it, so it is trying to correct by lifting the back, but having the MC in reverse it is making the situation backwards.

This should help you...

dji_zps693349dc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Also, not telling how to build your quad or anything, but why wrap the wires around the booms? more wire = more weight, more weight = less flight time. It is all about the ounces my friend :)

zackwrx05

Thank your for all this help, you guys are great, I will turn FC around, and redo all ties for more flight time, I will update sson as i fix all the problems, TY again

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
No worries, let us know how it goes. Also that MC needs to be as close to CG as possible, looks like it is off center to me.

zackwrx05

yes, i fix it up, it flying great, TY so much, time to put my fatshark V2 back on, yes one other question, is there a device that records what the googles see, i dont have a go pro just yet, but until then is there anything i can use

zackwrx05

yes it fix, ty very much u guys, flying like a champ with lots of power to be used, and one other question can i record my flight with fatshark googles some how??