naza f550 yaw issue

heliuser

Hello everyone,
when i yaw usually i see a glitch on the hexa. Other from that it is usually stable. Below is a video showing the issue (the cam is attached directly to the frame, no gimbal or anything)

Any clues ?
Thanks
Bruno

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hmmm, could be an issue with an ESC or motor. Does it only happen when yawing (is that a word) counter clockwise (CCW)?

deluge2

Any recent configuration changes? Compass calibrated? Unlikely explanation but easy to eliminate. How do your blades track horizontally, ie, are they all well-aligned in a single plane? Agree with above comments, can't hurt to lower yaw gain and check other gains as well.

Steve

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Check your connections too, you could as Benjamin stated have a bad motor or ESC, you could also have a poor solder joint, or even your bullet connections may be dirty. Some have removed the bullets and soldered the wires direct to the ESC.

808dave

I have been battling yaw issues with a newly installed Naza V2.. I changed everything imaginable, adjusted gains all day and it turned out being an arm out of alignment. Just slightly.. It had a bit of play and was causing all sorts of instability. Installed a new arm mount and all is well. Before start replacing components, double and triple check your frame/motor geometry.. it makes a huge difference.

Dave

heliuser

a couple time ago i suspected having a issue with one motor, but after cleaning everything and even switch it from position everything was good. About CCW not sure, will test if it happens on both direction but i believe so. Regarding the gains i´m using the naza recommended ones, still haven´t played with other values. This weekend i will play a bit with the yaw one to see if helps, also i will place the batteries under the frame and not above (as it is now).

Will share results.

Thansk

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Why would you even think about flying with a possible bad motor? at the cost of a replacement, it certainly would be less then replacing everything in one go.

If you are unsure of anything on your Multi-Rotor, don't fly it, it is not worth the expense and certainly not worth it going out of control and hitting someone.

heliuser

at first we thought it might have an issue but probably was just some bad connection that after got replaced everything was fine. The hexa is quite stable, haven´t had any issue or lack of trust while its flying, otherwise i wouldn´t take it to the air mostly for safety reasons.