s800 Flip of Death

Back in July I upgraded my s800 with the vibration dampers, EVO arms and v2 IMU with v5.24 firmware, Here is the result:

DJI has been no help at all, in fact they looked at the footage and said they aren't responsible and won't replace it.
Be very careful dealing with DJI, I've learned my lesson and never will again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crasher

...DJI has been
no help at all, in fact they looked at the footage and said they aren't
responsible and won't replace it.
Be very careful dealing with DJI, I've
learned my lesson and never will again.

And why should they? That video shows that
something with a camera bit the dust. It doesn’t show what was carrying the
camera. It doesn’t show the cause.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Well that was helpful Mr Crasher.... I am pretty sure if HTCorvette slowed down the video enough, he could expose a lot of components in his footage. I already seen one, and that was using a YouTube video.

The point is, DJI are very fast at taking your money, but when it comes to issues like this, well they just plain old don't give a hoot! I should imagine HTCorvette had some $7000.00 or more in the air at that time, just for it to flip in mid air leaving him with a pile of junk to haul home. I am pretty sure YOU would also be seeking answer too huh? Maybe you are ok with blowing $7000 on a "PROFESSIONAL RIG" as DJI like to call it, and having it just fall out of the sky for no apparent reason?, I guess you would not want answers too huh?

Yes, "something with a camera". And DJI S800 arms. And S800 legs. And S800 centre plates. And the new DJI combo motors. And a DJI GPS.

Apart from those things, nothing that would identify this as a S800. No sirree...:facepalm: :rolleyes:

What kind of system could possibly support DJI refunding money and them staying in business. Would they deploy their own NTSB? Every multirotor ends its life in a crash or loss. Breaking our earthly bonds is also a complicated affair. Them refunding the money of everybody that crashes would put them out of business in a week.

What kind of system could possibly support DJI refunding money and them staying in business. Would they deploy their own NTSB? Every multirotor ends its life in a crash or loss. Breaking our earthly bonds is also a complicated affair. Them refunding the money of everybody that crashes would put them out of business in a week.

You aren't getting it, there is a difference between crashing because of pilot error and crashing because DJI's firmware/IMU has a bug in it.

FerdinandK

That is what every "professional videographer" or someone coming from that side thinks, but everyone coming from the multicopter-side strongly doubts. In the end there was a crash, and "you are the pilot, your are responsible".

If you assume, if you know of possible bugs (in whatever component) affecting your in-flight-performance you are not allowed to take off until you are sure that this is resolved. This is one of the differences between a customer and a pilot.

best regards
Ferdinand

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
That is what every "professional videographer" or someone coming from that side thinks, but everyone coming from the multicopter-side strongly doubts. In the end there was a crash, and "you are the pilot, your are responsible".

If you assume, if you know of possible bugs (in whatever component) affecting your in-flight-performance you are not allowed to take off until you are sure that this is resolved. This is one of the differences between a customer and a pilot.

best regards
Ferdinand

Then I think we should all ground our DJI products, because everyone of them has bugs.

Hahaha, I just left one of the few hobby shops in Houston that sells DJI products, after talking to them about my s800 and the pissed off customers that have had Phantoms fly away they have decided to quit selling DJI's crap.
They are replacing the Phantom with the new Blade quad, by the way Blade has customer service....

best regards
Ferdinand

Yeah this makes no sense, like deanot said, all DJI products have bugs.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
have they? Not what i noticed.

Then you can say all car manufactures have bugs, because they can crash, brakes can fail etc....

Breaks fail from wear, which is to be expected, so your analogy is void in this case. You know when breaks are low, you know when your oil needs to be changed, you know when a bearing is about to drop out, what you don't know is when your CPU will fail, which is very, very, very rare for that to happen. If a CPU fails on a car, it has a backup circuit that will take over most functions to allow you to continue to drive, all be it at a much more retarded rate than normal. So yes they have, which is the very reason the space shuttle uses extremely outdated computers on there systems. Most of the bugs have been found and eliminated, could you imagine a BSD on windows while in space?

If you look at what we are all saying, these products are not tested very well before they are released, and if you tell me they are... well I will call you an idiot. You and I are the testers! hence the "DJI Beta tester" under my name. It is not very good sales techniques from DJI, to allow someone to put $7000 in the air, have a malfunction like it did, and to tell people "yeah well, tough titty buddy", but thanks for all your hard earned cash.

Saying that, DJI is a Chinese company, and everything that comes out of China is cheap, unreliable junk.

Breaks fail from wear, which is to be expected, so your analogy is void in this case. You know when breaks are low, you know when your oil needs to be changed, you know when a bearing is about to drop out, what you don't know is when your CPU will fail, which is very, very, very rare for that to happen. If a CPU fails on a car, it has a backup circuit that will take over most functions to allow you to continue to drive, all be it at a much more retarded rate than normal. So yes they have, which is the very reason the space shuttle uses extremely outdated computers on there systems. Most of the bugs have been found and eliminated, could you imagine a BSD on windows while in space?

If you look at what we are all saying, these products are not tested very well before they are released, and if you tell me they are... well I will call you an idiot. You and I are the testers! hence the "DJI Beta tester" under my name. It is not very good sales techniques from DJI, to allow someone to put $7000 in the air, have a malfunction like it did, and to tell people "yeah well, tough titty buddy", but thanks for all your hard earned cash.

Saying that, DJI is a Chinese company, and everything that comes out of China is cheap, unreliable junk.

+100 on the cheap Chinese crap

Are you listening yet DJI?
This is the first in a line of videos planned to show what you are in for when you buy DJI crap.