New Sony NEX-7 with Zenmuse gimbal - HDMI connector is in the wrong place?

Hi,
I just bought a Zenmuse gimbal for a Sony NEX-7 to go with my S800.

The HDMI connector is stuck on to the bottom of the camera tray with an adhesive strip and 1. it is in the wrong place for the HDMI connector on the camera, and 2. the camera will not fit with the HDMI connector where it is. Have a look at the attached photos.
I assume that I need to remove it from there and plug it in to the side of the camera? I don't want to touch it until I'm sure. Maybe they put it like that for transportation?View attachment 13673View attachment 13674
Also, look at the collection of small blue cables going to the connector. Apparently they have to be like that so as not to cause any imbalance on the gimbal, but I am wondering how strong and durable are they? Should I try and cover them with a little self-amalgamating tape or are they meant to be free and springy?

Thanks for any comments...

Attachments

• HDMI wiring.jpg
    HDMI wiring.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 204
  • zenmuse camera plate.jpg
    zenmuse camera plate.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 211

ChrisViperM

Hi Louis

Just carefully remove it from the camera craddle and than remove the double-sided tape all ...it's just for transportation.
Just plug it to your camera (better before you mount the camera to the Zen) and let it move freely....

Chris

Chris - good to hear from you..

Thanks for that - I thought that might be what I would have to do, but after spending 3000 euros, I wanted to be sure!
Cheers,
Louis