Hi from Oz!

Farrealm

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to flying multi-rotors though I have been flying RC planes for a while. I guy at the local RC club flies professionally (to inspect power lines etc.). For an open day he brought all his gear along and I knew then that I needed to try this (slightly smaller budget though :nevreness:)

Decided to start the 'sensible' way and flew my Blade mQX around the living room for quite some time to get the hang of orientation and controls. Went on to build an F450 (with Naza M-Lite + GPS). It has flown perfectly so far so I am now looking into getting an 'action cam' to go under it. My other hobby is landscape photography and I like to use my quad for some nice fly-through videos (eventually...). Looks like I am approaching the payload limit of my F450 rapidly so I am sure I will be building something bigger soon!

Looking forward to reading the threads and helping out where I can.

Happy Flying!

Alby

Hi there. I'm in Perth too. I've been flying LOS for a few weeks with a TBS Discovery and Naza Lite. Awesome quad and controller. Have all the FPV gear onboard but haven't ventured too far yet. Gopro coming for Xmas. Did you end up with a gopro and if so, which one. Chees.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to flying multi-rotors though I have been flying RC planes for a while. I guy at the local RC club flies professionally (to inspect power lines etc.). For an open day he brought all his gear along and I knew then that I needed to try this (slightly smaller budget though :nevreness:)

Decided to start the 'sensible' way and flew my Blade mQX around the living room for quite some time to get the hang of orientation and controls. Went on to build an F450 (with Naza M-Lite + GPS). It has flown perfectly so far so I am now looking into getting an 'action cam' to go under it. My other hobby is landscape photography and I like to use my quad for some nice fly-through videos (eventually...). Looks like I am approaching the payload limit of my F450 rapidly so I am sure I will be building something bigger soon!

Looking forward to reading the threads and helping out where I can.

Happy Flying!

Greetings!

Hopefully folks much smarter than I am can help! STILL flying my NanoQX and looking for something more!

Cheers!

Farrealm

Hi Alby, sounds like you are having fun! Yeah, I ended up going with GoPro (3 Black) and have been pretty happy with it. I got mine from the **** Smith store for $385 and I think they are still the cheapest in town.

I have it mounted on my F450 using "The Frame" from GoPro. It's pretty basic but it works (looks like your frame if way more useful compared to the F450). No FPV, just LOS. You can see my setup at the end of this thread:

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...GoPro-That-Is-the-Question&highlight=farrealm

After reading all the online reviews about the GoPro I was a bit hesitant when it came to buying one. You know, spending $400 on something the size of a match-box when people seem to have problems with the image quality, colours, connectivity, battery life... the list was never ending. I decided to get one anyway and it has been working great so far. Fantastic image quality, great processing software and so easy to connect to your iPad or whatever using the WiFi. I have found the little remote quite useful (though it runs out of power rather quickly).

I guess the other thing about the GoPro is that it is square so much easier to mount than some of the other more "fancy" looking cameras. Really, who needs the extra weight of a complicated camera mount???

Farrealm

Jeez, I can't even spell **** Smith on this forum. I guess you know what I mean. The electronics store with the black and yellow logo and the perhaps somewhat unfortunate name (I guess Richard Smith didn't work either). Cheers!!!