Cinestar or Tarot brushless conversion gimbal parts or info needed

Sleepy

I am putting together a Tarot 960 with a Tarot full size 3 axis gimbal and wanting to ditch the servos and belts for the roll and tilt axis and make them direct drive with brushless motors. I already have the motors but need the mounts and hardware to attach them. I know someone has already done a conversion of the same gimbal and was curious who has the motor mounts or the parts needed for it to work. There is a company that makes the full conversion kit with motors and all but I don't see it being worth more than what the gimbal cost by itself. Anyone else here already done this same conversion?

chevota

I just converted my Cinestar using parts from Brushlessgimbals.com and the quality is well worth the price.

jhardway

here is a good photo, basically there got two tarot motor mounts for 25mm and mounted them at the end of the carbon fiber tubes and it looks like it could work pretty nicely,I am thinking of doing the same, for now I am getting some good result from the servos, and the change over is not a priority to me.

View attachment 13625

Attachments

• gimbal-brush2.jpg
    gimbal-brush2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 379

Sleepy

I just converted my Cinestar using parts from Brushlessgimbals.com and the quality is well worth the price.

Thats the ones I was talking about that I think are overpriced. I don't need the motors and stuff that their setup comes with and I'm sure they wouldn't sell just the hardware.

Sleepy

here is a good photo, basically there got two tarot motor mounts for 25mm and mounted them at the end of the carbon fiber tubes and it looks like it could work pretty nicely,I am thinking of doing the same, for now I am getting some good result from the servos, and the change over is not a priority to me.

View attachment 17212

Thanks J, a tarot motor mount never even crossed my mind but it is an awesome starting point. A few adaption parts would still have to be made but that isn't a problem. The roll setup will be the challenging part, I would like to keep the stock dampening setup on there if possible bu then again it may to be needed with direct motor setup. I haven't really dug into this enough yet. I am still at the motor and prop deciding stage for the multi itself.