DJI Retractable Landing gear Help!!!

mccleaver

Hi

Got my retractable upgrade kit and installed as per the video but when I power it up holding the set button they just retract to the up position and freak out a little... and when i push the set button to calibrate they seem to calibrate but in the up position.

They then will not respond to the AUX 3 command from the controller.

Anyone able to help? It's driving me mad!!

Cheers

mccleaver

[h=2]DJI Retractable[/h]

R6Media

I just set mine up last night. with my futaba t8fg, Aux 4 is channel 8 on my receiver.
I'd verify your switch and channel. If you are correct, maybe reverse AUX 3 the switch so they are down??
If that doesn't work I don't think AUX3 is where it thinks they're at.
They definitely should not retract when first powered on. I think you have something flipped or crossed.
Double check your connections and make sure your servo wires are secure and connected to the places.
What radio are you using?

mccleaver

I'm using a Spektrum DX8.

I tried seeing what happens when I try calibrating without the input from the receiver and they still do the same...

They only flip up when I power up holding the set button in.

Maybe it came with the servo's wired up with the polarity reversed? Would that cause it?

Javajack

Java Post Aerial Photo
We had issues with ours at power up until we went to the IMU 2 upgrade. Our first IMU was defective causing random things to happen including oscillating crashes.

R6Media

...[Maybe it came with the servo's wired up with the polarity reversed? Would that cause it?]

Thats a good point mccleaver. Is it possible that the servo wires that we have to connect to the gear (L, R, and the one to that connects to receiver) could those be connected the wrong way? facing out instead of facing in? I don't even know if thats possible but im just spitballing here.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Only two things come to mind and they have both been touched on here.

a) the Tx channel needs to be reversed (as in servo reverse)
b) the left and right servo plugs into the small circuit on the left leg are in the wrong places, i.e. left servo plugged into right servo's hole.

mccleaver

Yeah I'll give the pin outs a test tomorrow. I can't be unlucky enough to get a incorrectly wired unit from the factory, can I?