New Zealand is where im at~

joshz

Hey all, my name is Josh, Im 24 and own a few Lipo powered flying devices, such as 3x 450 sized Heli's, and a 550 Sized heli, and now a hexa copter (brought from foxtechfpv, having some issues with it.). Now im still new to the flying thing, still use my trainer wheels when flying my Heli's, I just love things that I can control that fly!. I built my hexa but it still not working... But getting there im sure..

joshz

Hey Pete!, Im from Tauranga. I see you do some Arial photography, that's awesome!, we are trying to get into that at our work for some environmental stuff. Im also a amature photographer, but just recently had my Pentax K20D stolen, so looking for s Canon Full Frame job. You don't happen to know much about the config of ESC or a flight control board.. im struggling to get this hexa moving, I been also reading it could be my transmitter and receiver, im not sure though, its a KDS7XII trans and receive.

Efliernz

Pete
Josh

I hear and see many getting into aerial photography and video in NZ. Any aerial ops where you are trying to make $$$ has you flying under the NZ CAA UAS guidelines... which are changing and under continuous development. I have been shooting part-time AP for nearly 7 years but I only shoot from full-size aircraft now. I use a commercial pilot and a commercially rated aircraft to keep legal.
I suggest you make sure you know what you are in for before you decide to fly commercial / enviromental / monitoring type work. As a part-time AP pilot, I cannot justify the $$$ to get autorisation at the moment. I'm not afraid to... I'm just too busy.

I suspect NZ CAA will be jumping on some operators once the rules and guidelines are tidied up. Try securing 3rd-party insurance before too carried away.

Just my 2c worth...

Pete