Broken my blades whats my best budget option

thurcombe

I was flying this morning, had a good flight, landed and took off a good few times. My post flight inspection revealed broken blades, the tip clean off one and a chunk out of the other. I didnt crash into anything but there was dirt on the blades too, I guess this was caused by stones flying around at takeoff!?!?

She still flies ok but its too much money to have in the air if the chipped blade gives away so I have ordered some stock replacements for now but I was wondering what the best blades are for someone flying on a tight budget, something strong and well balanced that doesnt break the bank.

Cheshirecat

I guess that depends on what your budget is, I originally planned to use Xoar Wooden props which are reasonably priced and reasonably well balanced (although not perfect and require a little work) i then intended to change to the very expensive T-Motor carbon props once i had shook out stupidity in my routine and finished breaking blades.
now i am not so sure i need the Carbon props as i am quite happy with the Xoars, although the 15X5 are proving difficult to get in the UK right now.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
If you do not do much for heavy lift or filming APC slo fly props are always a cheap alternative with medium performance. Used a set of apc 12s on my quad to get it ball park tuned in. Crashes during tuning would be cheaper that way

thurcombe

If you do not do much for heavy lift or filming APC slo fly props are always a cheap alternative with medium performance. Used a set of apc 12s on my quad to get it ball park tuned in. Crashes during tuning would be cheaper that way

I built wi thth eintention of AP/AV but right now im just getting to grips with everything so I will look into the APC props thanks

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
just got a set of rctimer carbons. they were nearly perfect balance and seem good. much cheaper than graupner >.<

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Dji props are all 8mm holed. By the way if you are in the states order them from UAV objects. Wont have to wait on em to arrive from china

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
just got a set of rctimer carbons. they were nearly perfect balance and seem good. much cheaper than graupner >.<

Spent some time today re-balancing some 10x5 RC Timers and got a great result on my TBS Discovery.

Last edited by a moderator: