XAircraft XA 650 Pro Battery Recommendations

What are the suggested battery configurations for the 650 Pro? Anyone running parallel 5800Mah setups? I'm looking for the longest flight time possible with a stock 650 Pro.

I am testing out multiple battery configurations right now and will report back with results in a few days. Currently I am running 5800mah 4S Turnigy LiPos and have been very pleased with them. I am seeing 14-15 minute flight times very consistently to 3.3V/cell

Zirt57

I am testing out multiple battery configurations right now and will report back with results in a few days. Currently I am running 5800mah 4S Turnigy LiPos and have been very pleased with them. I am seeing 14-15 minute flight times very consistently to 3.3V/cell

I'm also interested in your findings Drew. Keep us posted. One question, the 5800mah giving you about 14-15 minute flying times, is that for a single 5800 battery or two paired?

Jeff

Hey Drew,

Thanks for they reply on the forum and all my emails regarding the SuperX, IOS, 650 Pro, etc. I have a few of those packs laying around and will give them a try. It would be great to see what your findings are for other batteries and configurations.

Super excited about the config you recommended and looking forward to having the package delivered :nevreness:

@Zirt57

The 14-15 min flight time is on a single 5800 battery,

Zirt57

Well, I did some of my own testing on the weekend (Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada). In my SuperX/Tarot FY680 equipped hex (T-Motors 2814-11 with 12x3.8 props) I was flying with 5800mah batteries. I was getting 16min flying with a mix of hovering (photographing the fall colours at my parents house), leaf blowing using the hex (lots of fun), and general flying around (read: showing off) :witless:. I was quite impressed really to get 16 min out of the hex.

Jeff

Been a while, but I have been putting that 8000 through its paces and it actually performed very well. I was getting flight times of 18+ minutes with a tarot gimbal, GoPro Hero3, and FPV equipment. With my 5800 I am getting around 15 minutes. Not sure it is really worth the extra cash and weight, but it is certainly a viable option and the 650 Pro is more than capable of lifting it effectively.