Links to purchase aftermarket props for DJI F450??

Hey guys, been lurking here awhile and see tons of recommendations for the F550 but the F450 doesn't seem to get as much attention. I've read tons of posts talking about the poor quality of the stock OEM props and would like to purchase other props for the F450, does anyone know where I can purchase a few sets, web links?
I'm not totally impressed with the flight characteristics of the F450 and stock large props (running 3S), haven't tried the smaller props but it seems most recommend the larger props anyway....looking to purchase some additional props I don't have to ream out- would like drop and go ready props......thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Prop size is dependent on battery size, 4S requires 8" props while 3S requires 10". Using 10" on 4S will probably overheat your motors and or the ESC.

http://team-blacksheep.com/products/product:122 will take you to a page where you will find a link to propellers, choose the 9x5 graupners, for $30 you get all 4 of them + Shipping. Can't beat the Graupners but you will have to ream out the shaft a little to make them fit the stock DJI motors, you will also need 8mm washers to space the props too.

RobertsUp

Prop size is dependent on battery size, 4S requires 8" props while 3S requires 10". Using 10" on 4S will probably overheat your motors and or the ESC.

I've read that before. It's interesting. My F450 is flying with arm extenders, 2814 motors and 11" props. It's a beast. It flies up and away just as fast as that hex Holger Buss flies in the video at the top of the forum home page. It can't descend as fast though. Heck, If I were skilled enough to fly it in manual it might be even faster than Holger's hex. Don't know.

After flying around for 15 minutes the motors and esc's are cool. The battery pack is noticeably warm. Only noticeably.

On that other forum Tahoe Ed wrote that he flies his stock F330 with 4s batteries and that it's his fun flying craft. He wrote that it's a bullet that can get away.

(paraphrasing)

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve:
Give the new DJI 1038s a try. No reaming necessary on stock motors.

The following link also has a video of DJI destructively testing these props. Pretty amazing and it's what sold me on trying them.

http://www.dronesvision.net/en/mult...for-dji-f450-f550-flame-wheel-multirotor.html

Ron

I agree give the Djis a try they are way better than the stocks and need only minor or no sanding to perfect balance. here a video with the 1038s http://vimeo.com/72614003

Rolly

Hi, just got my f450 from Atlanta Hobbies and it comes with 10" and 8" props. My question is how can I tell if I got the new 1038?

Regards

Hi, just got my f450 from Atlanta Hobbies and it comes with 10" and 8" props. My question is how can I tell if I got the new 1038?
Regards
I just learned something looking into your answer. When I ordered my F450 6-7 months ago, the 10" props that came with it were not 1038s. But the F550 I just ordered last month did come with 1038s.
But to specifically answer your question, the type of prop is written on the leading edge of the props.

Rolly

I just learned something looking into your answer. When I ordered my F450 6-7 months ago, the 10" props that came with it were not 1038s. But the F550 I just ordered last month did come with 1038s.
But to specifically answer your question, the type of prop is written on the leading edge of the props.

Thanks, I got the 1038's. I will install it and see which is better. Thanks again Sir.