To those of you who have the DJI Retractable landing gear....

R6Media

I was wondering how much weight the DJI retractables added to your S800 setups and how much it impacted your flight times if at all.

I already feel like I'm on the edge of max weight and I'm afraid to shorten my flight times significantly as I'm only getting around 10 minutes as it is.
Conversely, I'm super nervous to fly without my landing gear. Man the Cinestar really got this part right. ahh well.

What battery's do you run? I'm very interested to know what the weight of the retracts are. I think the sea craft legs will be lighter.

R6Media

Hey Nigel - I'm currently flying with dual Zippy 5000 Lightmax and dual Zippy Compact 5800 (I was testing). each battery is about 895g.

I've heard that the Secrafts are lighter too, just more involved in the installation with BEC's and whatnot. I'm honestly tired of tinkering :)

I know what you mean, what's the difference between the lite and the other dji retracts, I know there is about £300 to £400 difference in the price.

R6Media

When you say Lite I'm guessing you mean the Upgrade kit.
The full kit includes the entire lower frame. The believe the upgrade just attaches to the frame that came with your aircraft. Which is why i want to know how much more weight this adds.

The full kit is 875g. I haven't a clue how much just the servos are.