New build TBS Discovery

mutley2

Hey guy, just about to pull the pin and start ordering parts for my first multi-copter (Team Black Sheep Discovery ARTF FPV) from Quadcopters.co.uk and wondered if there were any other good/cheap sites to order parts from or feed-back on this site. I was going to start by ordering the Discovery ARTF,DJI Naza M V2 GPS and props. Was going to leave the FPV side till next month, any views or comments on this site or my FPV would be welcome. :nevreness:

Razzil

Any reason why you would rather purchase from Quadcopters over TBS directly?
The price listed at Quadcopters for that ARFT is about about $300US give or take a few dollars.
I'd piece the system together and purchase the TBS 900kv and ESC set they offer ... link here

If your looking to have the core installed and the tin shield soldered on ... decide on what video you are planning on using. 5v or 12v for the camera, as it'll be soldered to one of them, and you may or may not know, unless they ask, or you ask.

mutley2

Any reason why you would rather purchase from Quadcopters over TBS directly

That's an easy question to answer, we in the UK get spanked for import duty and some times it can be a bit hit and miss with postage from the USA to the UK (Have been waiting for over 2 weeks for a Castles Creations ESC to come from the USA) I would rather order from TBS but it's not that easy on the wallet for us in the UK.

Razzil

I'd upgrade the motors, if not the TBS ones, something like these from FoxTechFPV
They seem to have decent prices, although I've gotten dinged by customs from them the past two orders.

mutley2

Well she had her maiden flight tonight, to be fair it was a total non event. I can see why they are used for FPV flying, they are just rock solid and I won't put the gopro on till I've had a real shake down and got a few good flight under my belt, very pleased. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeee ;-)