What are flight modes?

ash

Before I leave this and go flying, it just occurred to me, if GPS and GPS Attitude are the same thing, I still only have two different modes. I now don't have Failsafe unless I power off the TX. Is this what you'd expect, or would you normally have Failsafe on one of the switches?

Before I leave this and go flying, it just occurred to me, if GPS and GPS Attitude are the same thing, I still only have two different modes. I now don't have Failsafe unless I power off the TX. Is this what you'd expect, or would you normally have Failsafe on one of the switches?
You should have three modes on a three position switch. Default is for "GPS", "Attitude" (no "GPS" in front of it), and "Manual", with Failsafe being the gaps in between them. To get the transmitter to output a value in one of those middle regions you have to play some mixing tricks on the transmitter (something I don't know how to do on your transmitter, but someelse might be able to help). With the newer versions of software, you can change Manual to be Failsafe so you don't have to play those games, but you loose Manual mode. For some people that's no problem, for some, they don't want to loose that.
as for the diff between the three modes, refer back to the original response (post#2).