Co-pilot 4channel

Hi everybody I am new to this forum I was wondering if anyone has used a co-pilot11 on a quadcopter if so are connections same as heli & aero ?

Electro 2

Know not of a "copiliot11, but a flight control axis is a flight control axis, period. The radio system doesn't "know" what type of aircraft is in play, only position commands fora given axis/function.

Interesting, but seems more aimed at 3D pilot training. Out of curiousity, are you planning on using your MR for 3D stuff? For me, since I use Attitude and GPS modes of my flight computers, I wouldn't find a use for it since their stabilization modes are more than sufficient for me. Maybe others have heard of using it on an MR.

not really planning to use yet on 3D but mainly flying MR in a smallish area no biggish flying fields near but I am sure I have seen an MR using one but cant remember which system it was

What flight computer do you use for attitude and gps
I have one DJI Naza MRs (F450), and two DJI Wookong MRs (F550 and S800). I fly the F450 in very tight confines, including indoors. On one of my first MR flights ever, my F450 hit a tree branch and began to tumble to the ground. The Naza corrected the aircraft, leveled it off about 2 feet from the ground. But when flying in Attitude or GPS modes on these flight computers, the pilot isn't able to exceed certain bank/pitch angles, and centering the sticks levels out the aircraft and/or holds position within reason. Obviously, if there is a major issue and flying out of control, these FCs may not be able to correct, while maybe it's possibble the copilot11 could... I don't know.

I have been reading up on the Naza and I quite fancy one but for the moment I have this co pilot and I am sure there was a chap flying one last year and his MR was very stable with similar caracteristics as the Naza, the only thing is with 4 escs is I don't want to burn it out on some systems they seem to have to disconnect some of the red wires to receiver so I just wondered if some one had used this system

I have been reading up on the Naza and I quite fancy one but for the moment I have this co pilot and I am sure there was a chap flying one last year and his MR was very stable with similar caracteristics as the Naza, the only thing is with 4 escs is I don't want to burn it out on some systems they seem to have to disconnect some of the red wires to receiver so I just wondered if some one had used this system
So that's where you him my knowledge limit. I hadn't heard of a multi-rotor that doesn't use a flight computer of some kind. You need something that does the required motor mixing for the type of MR that you have. My limited understanding of the copilot2 is that all it does it command aileron/rudder/elevator/thrust commands to bring some form of platform stability. But it doesn't seem like it can replace a multirotor flight computer from what I am reading. Of course, you wouldn't have to get a Naza, but you still need some FC that translates aileron left/right, for example, to commands to each of the ESC/motors; or yaw left/right to a different set of commands for each ESC/motor.

I think you are probably right about this I will give it some thought I have been asking round the forums but with no results this brings me to the conclusion that it may not be possible to use co pilot properly on a MR many thanks for your input I have two MRs at moment but just using the old KK2 controllers

Electro 2

This CoPilot 11 thing is, in fact, another FC replete with it's own rate and position error correction loops. Cascading two such devices would certainly be a disaster in the making. Not OK. It's indended for fixed-wing aircraft where no such loops exist, normally. Your Naza is already doing all these things, if the performance isn't OK, it needs to be adjusted, period. Not easy to tune FCs takes some months of succesive reinterations to achieve optimum stability. Some "newbies" expect these things to fly themselves and it won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wasn't thinking about using 2 controllers just the co pilot I have decided not to bother now to complicated thanks to everyone for there input