Zenmuse h3-2d hibernation issue with fw1.04

akromatic

I got my gimbal 2 weeks ago and it was truly long awaited. I immidiately upgraded the fw to 1.04 because I've read about motors overheating with the old firmware. I have flown with it 10 times on my f550. The gimbal performs flawlessly in forward flight and ascends/descends but as soon as I do banking turns and I don't mean fast crazy "come to a halt-turns" but big soft banking turns, the h3-2d goes into hibernation mode during the turns and just starts hanging limp and ruins the filming. Sometimes it pops back to normal functioning when the turn is over and the multi flies straight again. It also goes into hibernation mode if descends are fast, seems like the descend vibrations trigger the hibernation mode. I've read on other forums about a couple of guys who also have this hibernation mode issue but they say that this issue appeared with the new 1.04 firmware and that the 1.02 performed better. I can understand that Dji added the hibernation mode to protect the gimbal motors from overheating because some people fiddle with their gimbals when the power is on and plug cables into the gopro and ruin the gimbals cg and even power on without a cam mounted in the gimbal but this hibernation mode is triggered way to easy in my opinion. If people from Dji are reading this, please turn the sensetivity of the hibernation mode triggering down a few steps and release a new firmware soon. We who fly with this gimbal should be able to do simple banking turns without triggering the hib-mode. It's not acceptable for a gimbal with this pricing to perform this poorly.
Are there others on this forum who are having this hibernation issue with the h3-2d?

Tahoe Ed

If you exceed 39 degrees on the roll it will go into hibernation. When I am filming, I do flat turns very slowly. I would recommend that you try the same and see if it help the video output. I have not had the H3-2D going into hibernation mode even in some rough quick descents in breezy conditions. This is on an F450.

akromatic

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now, slow flat turns to keep it out of hibernation mode, works pretty good but oh how nice it would be to bank and film..

Tahoe Ed

Get the iOSD mini and then you can monitor the degree of bank, it will not give the exact degrees, but you can compare the horizon and see when you get hibernation mode. I really like mine. Same display and the kOSD MK II but in a much smaller package.

akromatic

Ed: I will definitely get it when dji releases the Android version, I'm not exactly a fan of Apple products.. (no pun intended)
Propilot:do you run the 3.14 firmware on the Naza? I think it is somewhat better than 3.12 when it comes to triggering the hibernation mode.. I got the feeling that the frequency of hib-mode incidents got lower or maybe I am just imagening it and started to fly more delicate after discovering the problem..