Alexmos, Futaba 8fg, & Pitch Control

jfro

Aerial Fun
I finally hooked up my pitch control from radio receiver to Alexmos on channel 7. Tried it on lever and dial on right side. Works, except it thinks level is 2 clicks off center on dial or lever. When dial/level is at center (1 beep) camera is tilted down maybe 5 degrees or so.

This is connected to the direct radio link, not the FC connection.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/advice.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Not with radio/MR right now, but took a minute to read Futaba manual, and guessing I just need to adjust neutral position on radio via linkage & sub trim... Will give that a try. Seems to me I did look at the servo menu and it was showing neutral was either a plus or minus 2.... Not sure why that would be, but probably just need to fix it in linkage menu somehow...

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Correct, the controllers also have two modes for controlling the gimbal. I just have mine controlled by my left hand rear slider on my 14SG, I have limited the upwards movement and have full downwards control.

Pete

Bluerex

A couple of thoughts... Having a mid position biased down is not a bad thing, most of your subject material is likely to be below rather than above horizontal. My mid is set even more extreme than yours and as long as I have the ability to go 90 (down) and maybe just to horizontal (up) I get reasonable use of the overall travel on my Tx control.
Secondly I think the brushless GUI has a trim section your RC channel. And if nothing else works, set the sensor board 5 degrees off level :tennis:

Charles.

jfro

Aerial Fun
It's workable with the few degrees pictched down. I may leave it that way, but I should also figure out how to adjust the radio or controller to make it level. Just so I can say know how.

SMP

Hey Jfro, wondered if you could do me a favor - Can you run a volt meter across the +/- pins on your alex board and let me know if youre getting a solid 5v out?? Cant get my pitch to work and wondering if I've got a bad board.

jfro

Aerial Fun
Hey Jfro, wondered if you could do me a favor - Can you run a volt meter across the +/- pins on your alex board and let me know if youre getting a solid 5v out?? Cant get my pitch to work and wondering if I've got a bad board.

Which pins do you want me to check. I'm assuming the 3 pins on the pitch, check 1 & 2 then 2 & 3? If so, is 2 the ground?

My copter is apart getting new 30 amp ESC's which are soldered. Should be done tomorrow and back together so I can check the alexmos then, if that's not to late...

SMP

Hey Brother,

Aye - Looking to check voltage either/both the Pitch and Roll Pins - On the Diagram its RC_Pitch with PWM closest towards the center of the board, +5v in the center and Ground closest to the edge of the board. I'm not getting my Rx to power up when I power up the board so wondering if the fluctuating voltage I'm seeing is the culprit. (or maybe the RX has to be powered independently from the board??? Seems like it would draw voltage from the board but who knows.. first time trying to get this board to tilt...)

View attachment 13208

Thanks mate!!!

Attachments

• Alexmos connection_diagram.jpg
    Alexmos connection_diagram.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 248