Naza Assistant Suddenly crashing cant reconnect.

JP1

I've been working with My DJI-F550 and Naza M lite for a few weeks now doing lots of testing learning and tweaking. Though tonight I connected to Naza Assistant to do an IMU calibration which worked fine, but then moments later while I was doing nothing the application crashed with a windows "this application needs to shut down message". I relaunched the assistant and it immediately crashed again. Now if I disconnect the USB cable I can launch the assistant and it ill be OK until I plug in the cable wait a few seconds, I will see it connect and then boom the app crashes.

I tried removing and reinstalling the drivers and the application a couple times but no joy. I am using a Win XP virtual machine on parallels on a Mac Laptop. I also have a Windows 7 VM so I started clean in the win7 VM installed the drivers and assistant software connected the USB and launched the assistant and same problem Windows message saying this application is not responding and must close.

This has been working flawlessly up until this point. The software only crashes if the USB is connected. My VU LED is turning steady green when connected but I wonder if something just happened to the VU or Naza. Removing power and rebooting the Naza does not help either.

Any Ideas? The Hex does fly OK so that seems to be working fine. I don't have another NAZA or VU to try Just more computers.

seetto

Hi, I just got a Naza lite. I am having the same issue. Using windows 7 64bit PC. I have tried it on another PC where i get the same issue. Except my F330 doesn't fly because it is the first time using a naza. Any help would be great.

I have also uninstalled both software and driver on both PCs.

Keukpa

Hi,

Yes, I've been having this problem too. It is DJI's servers, when you connect your NAZA to the Assistant, it checks their servers to ensure that A) The NAZA is legit, and B) What the latest Firmware available is...

It is this connection that is broken at the minute. To 'work around it' just disconnect your computer from the internet, and it will work fine!

Hope that helps,

Keukpa

JP1

That was it! Thank you.

I can't believe I banged my head on that thing all night.

Seems like a real design flaw.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
check your links. DJI's website has been changed to DJI.com so old links may not work anymore.

Bart

JP1

Is that something that needs to be configured in the Naza Assistant software?

Thanks
JP

Keukpa

No, you can't configure that. I believe that the software is crashing as it is trying to access a URL that no longer exists, and I'm betting that DJI didn't foresee updating their domain name, so didn't handle that eventuality. A few people have informed DJI (myself included) and they are working on it. I assume there will be a patch for the Assistant to download in the next few days.

Keukpa