DJI F550 lighting

Anyone have a source for single high intensity led lights/strobes for the 550 arms that will work with both 3s and 4s power.

AEA737

I use a Castle Creations BEC Pro @12V to power my LED strips. That way you can use either 3S or 4S without worries. CC Bec Pro is only 50 grams or so. I´ve heard of people powering 12V LED´s with 4S without problems.

AEA737:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Anyone have a recomendation for a strobe I could use for both orientation and a flyaway aid?

CrashMaster

You could try something like THIS from HK. Red on back and blue on Front or whatever configuration you wanted. They will run directly from a RX terminal too so no need for a separate UBEC.

Crashmaster: In the comments section of this device there are several entries stating they had heating problems when the voltage was over 2.5 volts. Don't know where I would get that voltage without a configurable UBEC. Am considering a separate power source so it could also be used as recovery aid for fly aways. Thanks for the link.Bob

Crashmaster: In the comments section of this device there are several entries stating they had heating problems when the voltage was over 2.5 volts. Don't know where I would get that voltage without a configurable UBEC. Am considering a separate power source so it could also be used as recovery aid for fly aways. Thanks for the link.Bob

wokwon

n00b
I used red cree LEDs and green cree LEDs. The red ones had a forward voltage of 2.7V so I used a 3.3V UBEC along with one 1n4007 diode in series. For the green, they wanted 3.2v so I used the same 3.3V UBEC and just tapped off before the diode. Sorry, no pics on hand but works well and saves lots of stuffing around. No heating problems, after 5 mins LEDs are still at or just above ambient and that's even with being covered with clear heatshrink.

A silicone diode drops between 0.6 and 0.8v across it (depending on current). It's a wasteful way to do it (converts into heat) but is simple and light weight and compared to the amount of power used by the motors on a multicopter is really negligible.

Here is what it looks like:
View attachment 12865

Attachments

• clearanceLED.jpg
    clearanceLED.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 142