WKM gain settings on cinestar 8

CT Aviation

We've just completed our cinestar 8 with WKM , would anyone be so kind as to give us an idea of a starting point for the. Gain settings ( our supplier has been less than useless, which seems to be the norm !)

many thanks Chris

hi CT Aviation
down load the wkm manual
the last page gives u the setting for s800
though it is a Hex
it is a good point to start
and the setting for and Octa are not very or soo different to a hex
just a bit of diff only

mbsteed

aerial video centric
We are using it with Droidworx octocopter HL and have found we needed to set the the gain between 100- 150 depending on setup but 200 was way too much for our setup. Most people seem to report different results but in our tests, 200 consistently crashed the octocopter. I wouldn't trust the settings suggested by the manual and make sure you have the gain programmed into a dial that you can adjust on the fly.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Each setup can be very different. I know of someone only able to get about 140 in roll and pitch on a Skyjib 8 and another person who is able to get just over 200, also on a Skyjib 8. You just need to start low, say 120-150 and build up the gain from there. If you start the gain too high it will noticeable as soon as you get off the ground. As long as you are not WAY over gained (or under for that matter) the aircraft will still be controllable so don't get too worried. I have built a lot of heavylifters (over 10 now) and I always start at 150 across the board and never had a problem.

Once in the air and you are happy that you have controlled flight, put the stick hard left and then release. If the machine doesn't go straight back to neutral (in GPS or ATTI mode) then gains are too low. If you hear the motors oscillating which is quite a distinct sound, the gains are too high- for pitch and roll. I hope that helps somewhat.

Kolb

Hi, I've just completed a Droidworx XM8 WKM build as well.
Everyones answers have been useful, thanks for that.

However, with the remote gain tuning, is it correct you can only tune one gain at a time? Because you can only assign one channel at a time?

jhardway

I have an ironman 1000 octo with tiger 4014 330kv, 45amp maytech opti esc's, 14inch graupners, with a gimbal and a 1500g battery. I can tell you my gains are around 180 - 190 on the pitch and role, on the vertical gain I am running right at 160, and on the yawl I am up at 190. Over all it is flying pretty well.

I have the roll and post gain mapped to a slider on my controller, it is set to range from 120 to 200, so far where I see it flying best is in the 190ish at that area I am seeing it flying best around there.

There are a few things though I am working, trying to figure it out. during flight the copter will slightly wobble on the yawl back and forth, and every once in a while the copter will erroneously make a rotation mostly to the left about 20-40 degrees, I am not sure why but I have a feeling that my yawl gain is off.

I am planning to set the yawl to my controller slider and see where that leaves me, and I am wondering if this is something the IMU V2 will do better.

Not sure it that helps but that is where I am.

Lanzar

Hello,

You cant expect the supliers to know 200 different configurations and settings by memory. THis cant be done. You need to set them for each copter since this is not s800.
So start at 100 and then slowly go up and check for difference.
Different payload. different motors, propelers. THis all affects the gains.

We've just completed our cinestar 8 with WKM , would anyone be so kind as to give us an idea of a starting point for the. Gain settings ( our supplier has been less than useless, which seems to be the norm !)

many thanks Chris

gtranquilla

RadioActive
BTW..... Do you have any photos of your build? I also have a Cinestar 8 and am wondering how and where you are locating your IMU which is apparently prone to MR frame vibration and baro prone to prop wash such that DJI since released an anti-vibration kit so as to relocate the IMU away from both issues.........:dejection:

many thanks Chris

BTW..... Do you have any photos of your build? I also have a Cinestar 8 and am wondering how and where you are locating your IMU which is apparently prone to MR frame vibration and baro prone to prop wash such that DJI since released an anti-vibration kit so as to relocate the IMU away from both issues.........:dejection:

The IMU relocation is not for the Multicopter S800 controller... it is for the IMU of Zenmuse Z15 which stabelised the camera gimbals. The WKM IMU is still mounted with the thin double sided tape which comes with the IMU. I always install my controller IMU at the center of the body. No problems up to now.