Best Props for the $$$

Bruno28

Whats a good prop that is reliable and is not too expensive for a quad, hex and oct build. 13'' 14'' and 15'' props.
Are the rctimer blades good?

Last edited by a moderator:

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
Around here APC seems to be the prop of choice. Durable, cheap, and much better than GWS. They aren't as nice as carbon but much cheaper and not so brittle

Bruno28

Around here APC seems to be the prop of choice. Durable, cheap, and much better than GWS. They aren't as nice as carbon but much cheaper and not so brittle
Wow they are cheap!!!!
The cf look so much better though.

Where can i get them from?

Last edited by a moderator:

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
compared to other plastic props no but theyre the best medium grade prop IMO. They wont perform like a carbon prop but theyll take a crash or a tree better

CdA D

Whats a good prop that is reliable and is not too expensive for a quad, hex and oct build. 13'' 14'' and 15'' props.
Are the rctimer blades good?

I have used the plastic props with carbon fiber fill and they just didn't give me the comfort level I needed, they came apart. I went to RCtimer and bought some carbon fiber propellers and they are great. I had a lean over and they hit the soft ground (lawn, grass) and didn't come apart. They are very stiff and seem to work well. They are not cheap, but what is my aircraft and camera worth? I fly the 13.4 props. Good luck!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I have also been trying the RC Timer props recently, quite good and reasonably priced.

Bruno28

I have used the plastic props with carbon fiber fill and they just didn't give me the comfort level I needed, they came apart. I went to RCtimer and bought some carbon fiber propellers and they are great. I had a lean over and they hit the soft ground (lawn, grass) and didn't come apart. They are very stiff and seem to work well. They are not cheap, but what is my aircraft and camera worth? I fly the 13.4 props. Good luck!

I have also been trying the RC Timer props recently, quite good and reasonably priced.

Rctimer is not that expensive. You get 4 porps for the price of one T-motor prop.

Are the CF reliable from breaking off mid flight?

CdA D

I'm betting a bit of money they are. I have complete confidence in them. Only time will tell.

CdA D

If your motor shanks, the smooth part of the shafts, are greater than 3 cm, I don't think you can use. They do have some with a thicker hub if necessary. As to the lift I use a low pitch to help keep the vibration low.

Bruno28

If your motor shanks, the smooth part of the shafts, are greater than 3 cm, I don't think you can use. They do have some with a thicker hub if necessary. As to the lift I use a low pitch to help keep the vibration low.
Im just confused on one thing
when it says
15x5.5"
so that means its a 15'' diameter propeller, what does the 5.5 mean?

CdA D

I could be wrong, but I think it refers to the degrees of angle, pitch, when placed on a flat surface.