how to find your compass mod value in the Naza assistant software??

djneils98

My assistant software (latest version as of today) has space for 4 digits in the compass mod value box. It only shows 3 digits to the left of the decimal point giving it a range of 0 - 999.9. How am I supposed to know if the 450 it says in the box is 450 or 1450 or 2450??

and can anyone point me to a definitive guide as to which way to spin the naza to calibrate the compass.
Originally I followed a guide on youtube that I have today discovered is different to the one in a DJI produced video. It's hard to be 100% sure in the DJI video which way is forward on the F450 they demo it on. but the second turn is CCW to the CW second turn in the guide I followed. And i've had weird GPS issues ever since I calibrated with the original method.

tstrike

pendejo grande
On the old naza it was hold the copter flat with the nose away from you and turn 360 degrees to the right, then flip the copter on its side with the top plate facing your right and spin 360 degrees to the right. Not sure if it's changed on the new naza. Can't help with the compass thing since I haven't changed FW to the new stuff.

RobertsUp

I held the craft with my hands inverted so I could change the positions easily. I stood holding the craft somewhat northwards with the nose facing away. I turned myself around clockwise until the light changed. Then, I pointed the nose downwards and circled clockwise again until the light went off. Assistant showed the compass calibrated. After calibrating is when you need to do the advanced IMU calibration. I put a circular bullet bubble level on the top, began the advanced imu calibration and ten minutes later all was done. My build flew well on its first test flight.

djneils98

bump - could someone with 2.14 assistant software comment as to whether the compass mod value in their software allows space for >1000 values??