Zenmuse Z15 GH3 pan, tilt and roll not working

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Has anyone come across this or know what it is I am doing wrong. I have a DX8 hooked up to my Zenmuse Z15. I can fire the shutter fine, I can turn HDMI on and off fine. In the Assisstant software all channels are responding normally however I dont seem to be able to get any movement out of using the pan tilt or roll commands regardless of what mode I am in. In fact there is a slight drift and even if I select reset, nothing happens. When I power up the gimbal it does it's normal movement so I know all is working as such. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Sounds like your mode signal is not getting through. Default mode seems to be operating. A bit of drift on the ground happens sometimes.

Recheck your connections. Do the controls work in the Zenmuse assistant as well as the WKM assistant?

bordhead

3 modes on a zen, sound like your in the fpv mode. make sure you assign a mode switch and switch into
Orientation-locked control or non Orientation-locked control.

Carapau

All sorted now. I had my modes set up correctly from the start but I rather stupidly thought that you didn't need to plug the thing into the WKM and that this was optional. Once I plugged it in, all was golden. Doh!

hifidiaries

SO how did you get the shutter plug to fit? I have the gh3 conversion from kopterworx, (secraft) and there is no way the plug will fit on the top right side....:(

Carapau

I had to shave off the top of the plug. Certainly less than ideal but it's done the job. Someone else I know did exactly the same.

cbpagent72

Are you referring to the new Zenmuse Z15 GH3 gimbal that is still in a pre order status or a Zenmuse z15 GH2 gimbal with a third party GH3 adapter?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2