Over Heating Battery, please help!

OK I flew my DJI F550 for about 7 minutes, when I landed it I checked the motors, ESC's and battery for heat and everything was cool except for the battery. It was hot to the touch. Almost to the point of not being able to handle it. Specs below.Please help need this flying

DJI F550 with Extensions
Motors - IPower 750 KV
Stock 30amp DJI Esc's
12" Gauniper props
4 cell 4500 MAH 25-50c discharge.
Controller - DJI Naza

What was your final voltage?
Have you used this specific battery before and this is the first time it's overheated? Or is it the first time you've used this battery?

Not sure, I didnt check. No not the first time Ive used this battery....Do you think my ESC's are OK with those motors and battery?

As for the battery, there are basically two things that would cause the battery to overheat while being used: 1) discharging at a rate higher than the specs for the battery, and 2) discharging the battery the far (i.e. like down to 3.1V per cell, or close to the total amperage capacity of the battery). It seems like you are fine with 1) since your battery is rated for 25-40C. That's why I asked about the voltage because if it got discharged to far, that would cause the hot battery.

I'm not too good at debugging battery/ESC/motor/prop combinations. Hopefully someone else here can help you on that subject.

Electro 2

Actually, motor Kv, prop size, and ESCs current rating are fine for this craft. I'm guessing this particular battery just isn't the greatest. One thing you may want to think about is running dual, smaller batteries. Or, composite pack that are 4S1P or 4S2P. Multicopters are a current war in the air, few non-paralleled packs can handle the current demands of a multi in a smooth fashion. The source imepedance of the pack is everything. The "C" rating procedure isn't standardized and consequently, don't really mean much. I've had 4.5 Ah batteries rated at "40C" heat up fiercely when used at a mere 25 amps. Consequently, I fly doubles, every flight!